Exhaust systems

Jack diddly

I've been looking at different exhaust systems and not sure which one to get. I still have that hideous stock one hanging out the back and it's killing me. I've read different things about the dynomax quiet crawler and was sold on that. When I went to purchase it, nobody had it. I've read that it was discontinued. Can anybody recommend a quieter one that won't drive me nuts on a long road trip and one that isn't so huge. stock 20170312_114956.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Part numbers are in that write up WJCO mentioned. I bought mine all from Summit. You can price it there & at Amazon. The prices are sometimes cheaper at Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

F

Fionayeti

I run the MBRP stainless steel exhaust on my 2011 Ruby 3.6. It's the off-road version that tucks under the jeep and is hidden from the back so it won't smash when you drop off a ledge in the rear. It's an easy install and the sound is aggressive without being annoying. This exhaust system combined with my CAI has probably given me a few more mph's and a little more power, nothing crazy though. Worth the money I think.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of all the exhausts I have tested and have personally heard, the Quite Crawler is without question the best especially when it comes to long drives on the highway. As mentioned, you can piece it together.

Ddays

Hooked
Finally got tired of looking at my smashed exhaust tip & ordered all of these from Summit. $282.00 complete. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got tired of looking at my smashed exhaust tip & ordered all of these from Summit. $282.00 complete. :thumb:

That's a great price and I love shopping at Summit too. I think you're gonna love this setup :yup:

Ddays

Hooked
^^Their shipping is great. This is going out today & I may get it installed in time for the trip to Rausch this weekend.

These are the parts in the cart. I also ordered the short 18" piece of straight pipe to cut the 5" piece needed as well.

Dynomax kit.png

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
plus summit always sends you a bunch of stickers! I pieced mine together through summit as well a few months back :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
^^Their shipping is great. This is going out today & I may get it installed in time for the trip to Rausch this weekend.

These are the parts in the cart. I also ordered the short 18" piece of straight pipe to cut the 5" piece needed as well.

View attachment 263483

That's around what mine cost. It's crazy that the intermediate pipe costs so much. It's almost as much as the muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for post up that list! I know others will be able to benefit from it as well :thumb:

Fortunately, I have a Summit warehouse nearby so I just drive down and pick my stuff up from them. Open 7 days a week and until 9PM too :yup:

Thanks for a great post... i smashed my tail pipe last year on the Rubicon trail... i'm also tired of looking at the smashed tip and that hug can in the rear... i've never tackled exhaust system change myself... is this something someone can do with limited mechanical skills? does piecing this together require any welding?

sorry for the newbie type question or if its already been answered...

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for a great post... i smashed my tail pipe last year on the Rubicon trail... i'm also tired of looking at the smashed tip and that hug can in the rear... i've never tackled exhaust system change myself... is this something someone can do with limited mechanical skills? does piecing this together require any welding?

sorry for the newbie type question or if its already been answered...

This would be a good project that you can build some skills on. All of the pieces are clamped together so really all you should need is a wrench set or a ratchet set. Go for it! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This would be a good project that you can build some skills on. All of the pieces are clamped together so really all you should need is a wrench set or a ratchet set. Go for it! :thumb:

This ^^^

Easy install and you can do it with basic tools :yup:

Top Bottom