Drummond Island here we come

CedarRaider

Enjoy. There were a few storms that ran through this week. So be mindful of the big holes near shale beach are likely really deep. I'll be there the last weekend in July.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Had a good time, lots and lots of water: IMG_2730.jpg water line from one of the holes.
IMG_2727.jpg IMG_2737.jpg IMG_2728.jpg

Stopped here on the way home: IMG_2746.jpg IMG_2747.jpg IMG_2743.jpg IMG_2745.jpg IMG_2743.jpg

Views from some of the stops: IMG_2736.jpg IMG_2739.jpg close enough to Canada to use their cell towers.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
We were the second smallest jeep in my group, the only smaller one a TJ, everyone else was on 37's and two on 40's. Apparently they allow sponsors and trail leaders to have 40's but not participants.
Wife is now teasing me about it, if I had a bigger front axle I would have already ordered 37's while she was for it. I don't wheel that hard but I don't trust the d30 to handle them, so I'll have to wait until I can get a proper front axle.

Didn't get too many pictures, it was muddy and I didn't feel like slogging around in it and tracking it back in the jeep. We did see a bear though, that was cool.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like a fun trip.

Were you able to tour the Jeep factory? Do even allow tours? I was thinking of heading to that area at the end of August.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
The Jeep plant was spur of the moment on the drive home so we didn't get a tour, I believe they do give tours. We also discovered (for the Mash fans) the restaurant that Klinger was always talking about Packo's Hungarian hot dogs is a real place. The Roadside America app has it in there, we didn't see it because it was a choice between there and the Hard Rock, she overruled me[emoji33]

JKbrick

We were the second smallest jeep in my group, the only smaller one a TJ, everyone else was on 37's and two on 40's. Apparently they allow sponsors and trail leaders to have 40's but not participants.
Wife is now teasing me about it, if I had a bigger front axle I would have already ordered 37's while she was for it. I don't wheel that hard but I don't trust the d30 to handle them, so I'll have to wait until I can get a proper front axle.

Didn't get too many pictures, it was muddy and I didn't feel like slogging around in it and tracking it back in the jeep. We did see a bear though, that was cool.

Would 285s be sufficient for the island?

Gadget

Caught the Bug
285 is roughly a 33? If so there are some ledges that might be too big and some mud holes that are too deep, the ledges and mud holes do have bypasses though, the rest of the place should be fun for you. There are some water holes that might be a little deep but do have hard bottoms and no bypasses that I saw. Go easy thru them and you should be fine. I have a couple of videos on my phone that I can't seem to post.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
285 is roughly a 33? If so there are some ledges that might be too big and some mud holes that are too deep, the ledges and mud holes do have bypasses though, the rest of the place should be fun for you. There are some water holes that might be a little deep but do have hard bottoms and no bypasses that I saw. Go easy thru them and you should be fine. I have a couple of videos on my phone that I can't seem to post.

Upload them to YouTube and then paste the link In here. I would love to see you videos

Top Bottom