Hi-Lift Jack

I know a lot of you hate these and don't think they are useful but I don't know where to get a bottle jack around me for cheap and I don't really want a bottle jack and a bunch of boards floating around in the back of the jeep. The high-lift jack on the other hand can be mounted on my tire carrier so it doesn't get muddy inside and doesn't become a death weight if I get in an accident. Anyways, I was looking on Amazon and was trying to decide on what I should get/ what accessories. I'm thinking of getting the taller one and an off-road base along with a neoprene cover case. But am curious to what most people have for high-lift jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
A hi lift has its place but it can be a very dangerous piece of equipment if you are not careful. Whether it's worthwhile carrying one is a personal decision on which reasonable minds can disagree. If you are determined to get one, I would suggest the 48" model. I have a 60" model (received as a gift) and I have to say the extra length really limits your mounting options. For example, it's too tall to mount vertically.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know a lot of you hate these and don't think they are useful but I don't know where to get a bottle jack around me for cheap and I don't really want a bottle jack and a bunch of boards floating around in the back of the jeep. The high-lift jack on the other hand can be mounted on my tire carrier so it doesn't get muddy inside and doesn't become a death weight if I get in an accident. Anyways, I was looking on Amazon and was trying to decide on what I should get/ what accessories. I'm thinking of getting the taller one and an off-road base along with a neoprene cover case. But am curious to what most people have for high-lift jacks.

You can't find a bottle Jack locally so you are going with a hi lift but are ordering the hi lift on Amazon?

Am I missing something here?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=bottle+jack

I carry a bottle Jack in a small bag and one 4x4. Doesn't take up much space at all.

You can't find a bottle Jack locally so you are going with a hi lift but are ordering the hi lift on Amazon?

Am I missing something here?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=bottle+jack

I carry a bottle Jack in a small bag and one 4x4. Doesn't take up much space at all.

Yes but that doesn't change the fact that there is now a heavy object and a chunk of 4x4 floating around in the back...

Do you not carry any tools in your jeep? Any fluids? Any spare parts? Anything period? You must be an east coaster who wheels in parks.

No I do, but they are either tied down or under a seat tied down. Also, the trunk is valuable space that I like to keep open if I need the room, being able to mount it outside of my vehicle makes it a very nice convenience, as well as I said before, keeping the inside as clean as I can.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No I do, but they are either tied down or under a seat tied down. Also, the trunk is valuable space that I like to keep open if I need the room, being able to mount it outside of my vehicle makes it a very nice convenience, as well as I said before, keeping the inside as clean as I can.

Sounds like you have an answer for everything. Yet another reason why I'm completely lost as to why you're asking anything here.

BaddestCross

I have the 48" Hi-Lift XTreme, off-road base, off-road kit, and Lift-Mate. I mount the jack on my tire carrier and the rest of the accessories as well as some other gear stores in the bag that comes with the off-road kit.

I'll leave out the disclaimers previously mentioned. 😎

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Can you not tie down a bottle Jack? If your going on a wheeling trip and need a jack wouldn't you be loading at your house? Why would you need to worry about keeping the back open? Planning to hit the grocery store at the back of the park? Pick up a bunch of illegals? Dead animals?

You have an answer for everything and I am bored so I will just pick apart your answers because they are not making sense.

Can you not tie down a bottle Jack? If your going on a wheeling trip and need a jack wouldn't you be loading at your house? Why would you need to worry about keeping the back open? Planning to hit the grocery store at the back of the park? Pick up a bunch of illegals? Dead animals?

You have an answer for everything and I am bored so I will just pick apart your answers because they are not making sense.

Alright I asked a simple question asking what people have for hi-lift jacks, not what your opinion is about them. I'm looking for people that actually have and use them. I thought this was a place where people were helpful... guess there are just some people who gotta be the resident assholes around here..

MTG

Caught the Bug
The following is, at the bare minimum, what you need for your Hi Lift jack...

Neoprene Jack Cover
Handle Keeper
Lift-Mate
Off-Road Base
Bumper Lift
Jack Protector
Fix-it-Kit
Versatile Locking Knob

Wether you mount it to the hood, on the rear door or tire carrier, or, my personal favorite, vertically on the drivers side door, be sure to spend the extra money and get mounts made from extruded aluminum. :thumb:

Oh I can't wait to see where this goes... so I will stoke the fire. Get a bottle jack and some wood. Use a ratchet strap and strap them together and then put them under the rear seat and strap them to one of the seat supports. No cannon ball to kill anyone. You stand a better chance fuckin yourself up with a high lift than you do the off chance a bottle jack gets loose and thumps you in the head.

Neoprene Jack Cover
Handle Keeper
Lift-Mate
Off-Road Base
Bumper Lift
Jack Protector
Fix-it-Kit
Versatile Locking Knob

Wether you mount it to the hood, on the rear door or tire carrier, or, my personal favorite, vertically on the drivers side door, be sure to spend the extra money and get mounts made from extruded aluminum. :thumb:

Thank you MTG! This was super helpful, this is exactly what I was looking for!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Alright I asked a simple question asking what people have for hi-lift jacks, not what your opinion is about them. I'm looking for people that actually have and use them. I thought this was a place where people were helpful... guess there are just some people who gotta be the resident assholes around here..

I have given my opinion. I've simply asked you questions.

And it's resident smartass not asshole it says it right over there above my picture on the left.

<------ over that way

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
wouldnt waste any money on the cover .. i bought one and daym texas sun has trashed it in just about a year .. ..not that locking knob for the mount .. works good for a few weeks .. had to bust it off as it wouldnt unlock after about 9 months or so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Neoprene Jack Cover
Handle Keeper
Lift-Mate
Off-Road Base
Bumper Lift
Jack Protector
Fix-it-Kit
Versatile Locking Knob

LOL!! 🤣

Top Bottom