what do y'all think of this lift? Need help

Drty_jk

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 7.53.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 7.52.38 PM.jpg
I'm looking into lifts and I'm trying to figure out what to get, and I wanted to hear some feedback from y'all on this lift and what to look for?
Any help is wanted thanks

zimm

Caught the Bug
garbage. We put rough country stickers on my wheeling buddies jeeps as jokes. Seriously do a search here, it's covered everyday. Get something made in the US. Evo, JKS, Rancho, hell, even rockkrawler although I can't recommend them anymore.

sassmouth

I ran that lift...for me not so good. The springs are stiff making for a harsh ride. I had a dropped pitman arm strip. I also had a shock fail with very limited use and although they will replace through their warranty I found that to be a waste of my time and incredibly inconvenient.

If you search this site you will find many recommendations for much better products. I run King shocks with EVO plush coils which i find to be fantastic but there are other cheaper options out there that would be better than Rough Country I will let others comment further on those products.

Drty_jk

garbage. We put rough country stickers on my wheeling buddies jeeps as jokes. Seriously do a search here, it's covered everyday. Get something made in the US. Evo, JKS, Rancho, hell, even rockkrawler although I can't recommend them anymore.
Okay thanks a lot for this info

Drty_jk

I ran that lift...for me not so good. The springs are stiff making for a harsh ride. I had a dropped pitman arm strip. I also had a shock fail with very limited use and although they will replace through their warranty I found that to be a waste of my time and incredibly inconvenient.

If you search this site you will find many recommendations for much better products. I run King shocks with EVO plush coils which i find to be fantastic but there are other cheaper options out there that would be better than Rough Country I will let others comment further on those products.
Thanks for telling me about how it worked for you, now back to trying to find a lift !

Drty_jk

Also is there any lifts that you recommend?

longarmwj

Damn this is the third time I've had to post this:

Rough Country.

You see, Rough Country is like an ugly girlfriend. You go out and see all your friends with these top shelf girlfriends, and you feel left out. So you go out, and just pick one up wherever you can find her. It serves its purpose but pretty soon she starts sagging and making funny noises, and honestly you've always been embarrassed to be seen with her anyway, so you order up a top shelf replacement.

Then one night she comes by unannounced and sees the new top shelf kit laying in the garage spread out with her joints all greased up, and things get awkward.

tgoss

Also is there any lifts that you recommend?

You're going to get a very Evo biased fan base here. Not saying there are other options, but the majority of us have gone down the path of the cheap lift (myself included) to eventually find what works.

Most of us would recommend evo coils, fox or king shocks and front lower adjustable control arms.

The size of your coils on a 2 or 4 door will then dictate anything additional we would recommend for you such as a flipped drag link kit, etc.

We also recommend you use the search function.

rgk401

Rough Country.

You see, Rough Country is like an ugly girlfriend. You go out and see all your friends with these top shelf girlfriends, and you feel left out. So you go out, and just pick one up wherever you can find her. It serves its purpose but pretty soon she starts sagging and making funny noises, and honestly you've always been embarrassed to be seen with her anyway, so you order up a top shelf replacement.

Then one night she comes by unannounced and sees the new top shelf kit laying in the garage spread out with her joints all greased up, and things get awkward.
I like this comment 🤣

zimm

Caught the Bug
I know a shop that turned down a customer because he wanted an online purchased rough country lift installed. They didn't want to deal with drama of an unhappy customer.

The comments are really hilarious on here as i have a 4 1/2" Rough Country Lift and it's the best lift that i have owned compared to other lifts and my buddy who is a rock hard crawler and owns a business of such offers that brand and a couple other ones and always recommends the Rough Country Lift as well as the King Shocks. If u wan't there best lift u have to go with the X-Series but depending on how much cash u can drop is the question, i have taken my Jeep all over the place and haven't had any problems or hard rides like described in previous comments. 20170531_202525-min.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Rough Country.

:cheesy: :clap2: :crazyeyes:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The comments are really hilarious on here as i have a 4 1/2" Rough Country Lift and it's the best lift that i have owned compared to other lifts and my buddy who is a rock hard crawler and owns a business of such offers that brand and a couple other ones and always recommends the Rough Country Lift as well as the King Shocks. If u wan't there best lift u have to go with the X-Series but depending on how much cash u can drop is the question, i have taken my Jeep all over the place and haven't had any problems or hard rides like described in previous comments. View attachment 263634

Why is it that the guys who push the rough country lift always only have 5-15 posts? Yeah, compared to a full size chevy leaf spring lift, the rough country coils are the bees knees. That said, I do like little bit firmer ride myself as I don't like body roll in hard turns. Look, for the money, it'll get you in up enough to clear the tire. Is it a great lift? No. You can get what you want and roll the dice and maybe like this guy the ride will be good enough for you. If you break a bracket, get a better one and piece it together as you go. Just know a lot of guys and gals who actually wheel don't prefer this lift, some having owned it. I would also add in the attached pic, there is no flip kit on a 4.5 lift so there's bump steer galore. If that's not noticeable to him than take the recommendation of a good ride with a grain of salt.

Edit: Question... that looks to be maybe 33-35 inch tires max on uncut fenders. Are you sure that's a 4.5 and not a 2.5 lift? The steering setup make more sense then and wouldn't likely have the bump steer. Or is it a dropped pitman arm? Yikes!

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The comments are really hilarious on here as i have a 4 1/2" Rough Country Lift and it's the best lift that i have owned compared to other lifts and my buddy who is a rock hard crawler and owns a business of such offers that brand and a couple other ones and always recommends the Rough Country Lift as well as the King Shocks. If u wan't there best lift u have to go with the X-Series but depending on how much cash u can drop is the question, i have taken my Jeep all over the place and haven't had any problems or hard rides like described in previous comments. View attachment 263634

Glad you like your Rough Country lift. I'm still not buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rocksalt

Rough Country.

lol this

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom