Things to do near Venice Beach

GraniteCrystal

Me and the family will be staying along Venice Beach for a week. We will not have the Jeep. Suggestions on what to do? Good restaurants? Places to avoid?

dillard09

I like it just a bit further south around Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach. You will find some nice beaches, so good little shops, and some pretty good food. Maybe I'm a bit biased since I live there!
I'm also not a huge fan of Venice and Santa Monica area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I like it just a bit further south around Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach. You will find some nice beaches, so good little shops, and some pretty good food. Maybe I'm a bit biased since I live there!
I'm also not a huge fan of Venice and Santa Monica area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah, for sure! If you want to hang out at the beach and not get your shit stolen or die, either go North or South of Santa Monica/Venice. Ventura and Santa Barbara are nice. If you've got dogs with you, go to Ventura.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I lived in Santa Monica for 4 years, which is there next major beach up north from Venice. I never went to Venice ever, except if we were hitting up one of the good happy hour spots they have right there on the boardwalk. Honestly for shits and giggles, walk the Venice boardwalk for 15 minutes just to see the characters. It's actually pretty funny... But get out fast and don't ever go back [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

BaddestCross

LMAO. I freaking love it! It's that bad, then?

Put it this way... Only the freaks and tourists go there. Same goes for Hollywood. Parking sucks and people are scary. The water is polluted. I think they've tried to clean it up some over the last few years, but I don't know how successful they've been since I won't touch that place with a 10' cattle prod unless I have to go there for work. If I do, I charge double for hazard pay. 😂

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Put it this way... Only the freaks and tourists go there. Same goes for Hollywood. Parking sucks and people are scary. The water is polluted. I think they've tried to clean it up some over the last few years, but I don't know how successful they've been since I won't touch that place with a 10' cattle prod unless I have to go there for work. If I do, I charge double for hazard pay. 😂

I like Santa Monica Pier and I've enjoyed the time I spent in Hollywood, but admittedly it was only for tourists reasons at both. I couldn't spend any significant amount of time there, a few hours at a time during daylight was plenty.

JeepJeep75

You can buy crack and ice from the guy sitting next to the drinking fountain. Left side of the board walk.

From ONLY one guy?!?! You haven't been through there enough. I lived in SaMo for 10 years. It was kinda cool to be able to ride my bike all around the area. Everything else about it sucked. Traffic is miserable, parking sucks, and the bums are ruthless. I'd ride up and down the boardwalk for entertainment purposes only. It's a definite must-see freak show. You'll be ready to leave and never come back after just one day.

Top Bottom