Jeep Pick-Up Delayed Until 2019

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just read an article in Road & Track written by Chris Perkins and according to it, the all new Jeep JT Pick-Up Truck has been pushed back a bit further and won't be released until 2019. Kind of a bummer but in a lot of ways, I'm kind of glad. Sure would be hard to take on 2 projects at the same time :D

So how about you, what do you think about this delay?

In a 2016 interview with The Detroit News at the Detroit Auto Show, Jeep CEO Mike Manley said that the Wrangler pickup would arrive in late 2017, following the debut of the next-generation JL Wrangler.

Unfortunately, Jeep has since delayed pickup production until late 2019, nearly two years after the next-generation Wrangler is set to arrive. Manley says that he wants to make sure there are no issues with Wrangler SUV production before Jeep starts building the pickup. Both Wrangler models will be built at Jeep's Toledo, Ohio plant, which is undergoing a $700 million upgrade to prepare for the new vehicles.

We should see the Wrangler debut in SUV form later in 2017, but Jeep hasn't announced when the pickup will make its debut.

Read the whole article here:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...we-know/ar-BBCFT9n?li=BBisPVf&ocid=spartandhp

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That is a bummer for sure but it will give me more time to save up for one. :yup:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
As a general rule I dislike delays when waiting for something. However, this buys me more time to convince my wife that we NEED one when the time comes to replace her little SUV

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

pop2tu

Unfortunately it make some sense. Trying to bring two major models to the table at the same time could be a fiasco. Just sucks having to wait longer.

Desertman

I am sorry to say but the Toyota 70 series with the 4.2 or the 4 litre v6 petrol has already been shown to be a winner for reliability and for easy of repair. Problem is due to emissions and crash protection it will never see the shores of America. So the new jeep has a lot of proven competition in the non free world.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Bitter-sweet for me. I'm about to be in the market for a midsize pickup and really want Jeep to put a solid product on the dealer's lot. Maybe some of the geezers like me on the forum remember the days Chrysler had some of the best engineering in America but the build quality was crappy. They damn near went belly up. Toyota, Nissan, and Chevy/GMC build nice midsize trucks, but the Jeep pkup - now that's different. I'll wait.

rlee

Quote from Allpar "The major concern would be sales. The Ridgeline is the almost the slowest-moving pickup in the U.S. market. Only the GMC Canyon has a lower volume, and it’s a badge-engineered Colorado. Beyond that, the combined sales of all the mid-size pickups were 23,000 units shy of total Ram deliveries in the first quarter alone. A Caravan might do little more than cannibalize low-end Ram sales and divert development time and funds from a higher-potential vehicle."
I really wonder If we will see a JT. FCA will have to get sales outside of their loyal customers. For instance, when new vehicle time came I would buy a JT but if they didn't build one I would still buy a JL or a Ram, so they don't get a extra sale from me.

dwvninety

Kinda a bummer. I had a Ford Ranger at one time but moved up to a full size pickup. Now I am considering going up to a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup. I do miss the smaller pickups especially when parking.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I already knew the truck wouldn't be earlier than 2019...and that's if it happens at all. Who knows, maybe I'll bite on a JL in mid 2018.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
The real market for the JT is outside the US. Mid size dual cabs are the fastest growing market segment here and very big in both South Africa and the U.K.

bill.turner

It just gives me more time to pay off my JK. I can buy one of these then and most of the bugs from the JL should be worked out. I imagine the architect will be very similar.

madstiles

Quote from Allpar "The major concern would be sales. The Ridgeline is the almost the slowest-moving pickup in the U.S. market. Only the GMC Canyon has a lower volume, and it’s a badge-engineered Colorado. Beyond that, the combined sales of all the mid-size pickups were 23,000 units shy of total Ram deliveries in the first quarter alone. A Caravan might do little more than cannibalize low-end Ram sales and divert development time and funds from a higher-potential vehicle."
I really wonder If we will see a JT. FCA will have to get sales outside of their loyal customers. For instance, when new vehicle time came I would buy a JT but if they didn't build one I would still buy a JL or a Ram, so they don't get a extra sale from me.
I'm the guy they're trying to get because I would never buy a Ram I'm a Chevy truck guy but I would buy a Jeep truck. Most definitely would never buy a Ridgeline...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom