ATX Slab Bead Locker Has Gap

JimHR

What I have is STT Pro 37/13.50/17 to go on a ATX slab bead locker . All installed and it has a .50in gap between rim and locker ring. So my question is, is there suppose to by a spacer ring?
IMG_0093.jpg

SDG

Caught the Bug
You sure the bead was seated properly prior to starting to tighten the ring? You spray soapy water etc and use a rubber persuaded? Doesn't look right to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JimHR

No! Have you torqued all of the bolts to spec? You need to keep going - it will seat metal to metal

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well the bead on the tier is 1in and the rim is only 1/2in and I don't see it seating metal to metal, that's why I was wondering if I need a spacer?

Ddays

Hooked
It will seat. I have the exact same size Coopers and I thought they'd never seat. Get a six pack & keep chasing the bolts around in a circle - you'll get it!

Andy5160

Hooked
It will seat. I have the exact same size Coopers and I thought they'd never seat. Get a six pack & keep chasing the bolts around in a circle - you'll get it!

I agree with Jerry ,it will seat just fine, had my slabs settled few weeks ago
I know it will settle

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
I will say the NITTOs mounted better than the coopers on these wheels. The NITTOs have another lip that centered the ring nicely and allows the ring to almost sits flush with sidewall of the tire.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Looks like you got it :thumb:

These new Coopers have super thick beads and yes, they take FOREVER to get the bead lock rings fully seated. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom