What tires work for you?

Kenthejeepguy

E2C324CB-2751-4CE4-864A-B3E94865E438.JPG 2011 JKRU, 4" lift, metalcloak fenders. 18" rims at present. I want 33 or 35" tires with good wearability, great sidewall protection, mostly for rocky trails (not so much mud or sand). Tires confuse me cuz there's so much to choose from! And I can't afford both wheels AND tires at the same time. Any suggestions? Oh, and of course I don't want to part with any more cash than I have to.

Last edited:

Wethy

Ok to be more specific, I am thinking of running some Coopers on my present wheels. What do y'all think about the STT Pro's?
View attachment 264071

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
2 things.

Mostly people will tell you go straight to 35s as youll probly regret getting 33s and with 4" of lift my opinion is that 35s are the more suitable choice.

And second poiint is that youll find that a lot of people here like the coopers STT Pros there are quite a few that run them. Apparently they hook up really well on the rocks.
Personally i am trying to decide between the nitto ridge grappler and the STT Pro but i dont think you can go wrong with your choice

Chad

I have a 4" lift and had 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers, they wore great but I wanted 35"s. I got 35" Pit-bull PBX Hardcore. I love them and couldn't beat the price. The owner of the company had a 1/2 off sale if Trump won. I got 5 35" tires for $950.

fishoutofwater

I'm looking into General GT's. Any opinion on those tires? I have 37" Toyo's on it now but need to replace them. Should I just stick with the Toyo's. I loved the set I had but I can get a good deal on the General off-road racing tires. Any thoughts?

Kenthejeepguy

The STT pros are nice. What do you typically use the Jeep for?

I hope to run the Rubicon a couple times this summer. I was gonna wear out my current set but recently sliced a sidewalk on a small rock, and since these measure out to only 31" I think I'd be sorry if I try these on the Rubicon. Here in California I like to run Slick Rock, Niagara Rim, and (if they get it open again) Deer Valley several times a summer. Those are about the hardest trails I've gone on.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I've had toyo mt, nitto trail grappler, and now cooper stt pro. I could honestly recommend them all as good tires for your application but I'd give the nod to the coopers at this point. They all wear well, toyos are heavier but seem quieter on the highway. The coopers, in my opinion are a good balance between all that I've owned and they can be found cheaper than the others I've listed.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
This thread again. :daydream:

Everyone is going to have a different opinion. FWIW, I am on my second set of Hankook Dynapro M/Ts. I love these tires. The STT Pro's are also good, as mentioned already.

Jheapr

I have some Maxxis Bighorns and they have been amazing. The do fantastic on the rocks, good on snow, and are pretty great in mud as well.

Sh** on ice though, as is every tire without studs.

kirstinthemermaid

Ok to be more specific, I am thinking of running some Coopers on my present wheels. What do y'all think about the STT Pro's?
View attachment 264071

I run 35's currently in just some Toyo's and they work great. If I were you I'd definitely run the Coopers as many of my friends run them and love them. I think you would regret getting 33's with a 4 inch lift. I myself plan on running to the Coopers (in 37's) by the end of the year. :thumb:

Top Bottom