Family Vacation to Lake Tahoe

Paws

Who doesn't like vacation! Wish Work didn't get in the way so we could travel more. Retirement may have come early!

Packed up the wife's car with the kids and luggage. Starting in So Cal we pointed North with a destination of Zephyr Cove, Nevada.

On our way up we dropped off our 2011 JKU at Off Road Evolution. For phase 1 we are having the Double D Long Arm kit installed. Then two months from now, for phase 2, the Dynatrac HD60s will be installed. Hell yeah!!

Our next stop was at a friends house in Turlock. Kids had fun cooling off in the pool and relaxing.
IMG_0043.JPG

Closer to our destination we stopped at Emerald Cove. This is one of our favorite spots. Last time we were here we hiked the Vikingsholm Castle and on the trails around the bay. This time of the year is one of the most beautiful times now that the Lake is high, trees are green and it's nice and cool outside.
IMG_0060.JPG

Finally our destination! Zypher Cove.
IMG_0016.JPG

The sun set from out cabin was perfect.
IMG_0085.JPG

Having not planned this at all. Eddie had posted up some 37 for sale. And while I wasn't looking to upgrade from my 35s just yet, I was lucky enough to be in the right spot at the right time. These will go perfect on the Dynatrac 60s!
IMG_0073.JPG

Funny when I was at Eddie's, the tires were loaded up and between the excitement of moving to 37s, and seeing Eddie and Cindy, I said goodby before handing the cash over. Not so fast!! Ha! Sorry Eddie. Laughed it off as I apologized and forked over the $. Did I say I was super excited?

Back to the cabin, we decided to rent a boat and take it for a spin around the lake. It was a little to cold to swim.
IMG_0019.JPG

Fun stuff so we rented another boat the next day and took it around Emerald Bay to get a picture of the tea house on Fannette Island that stands in the middle of the bay.
IMG_0100.JPG

Sadly the time has come for us to leave. Next time we are planning to bring the Jeep and hit the trails.

Cheers
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
It was you who nabbed them...haha. Was just up in Truckee for the 4th. The eastern Sierras are so great every time I pass through makes me want to stay. On the Nevada side of the line of course..;)

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom