I need to replace the tie rod end on the drag link

AZ TAKO

Hi fellow Jeepers, I need your advise. I need to replace the tie rod end on the drag link(pitman arm side). My question is can i use any tie rod end (Fab Tech, Moog, etc ) that I chose too since it has a adjustable end on the side i need to replace it on? Thx

Attachments

• tie rod.jpg
    tie rod.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
You can use any as long as it's the right one for your vehicle. Mopar typically will last longer but you pay for it $$$

AZ TAKO

You can use any as long as it's the right one for your vehicle. Mopar typically will last longer but you pay for it $$$

Thank you for the feedback! I was also looking at the Mopar one and I appreciate your advise.

tdougherty81

Hi fellow Jeepers, I need your advise. I need to replace the tie rod end on the drag link(pitman arm side). My question is can i use any tie rod end (Fab Tech, Moog, etc ) that I chose too since it has a adjustable end on the side i need to replace it on? Thx

I just recently replaced mine. I went with Moog ES3624.

jknikos

MOOG has one, CROWN has one and I am replacing mine tomorrow with one from BAW. I will replace it by myself, the only problem I am thinking is how to be gentle removing the old one from the pitman arm. It will be stuck. :thinking::brows:

WJCO

Meme King
MOOG has one, CROWN has one and I am replacing mine tomorrow with one from BAW. I will replace it by myself, the only problem I am thinking is how to be gentle removing the old one from the pitman arm. It will be stuck. :thinking::brows:

Beat the shit out of it with a pickle fork. If you're replacing it, no need to be gentle with the old part.

AZ TAKO

I just replaced mine with the moog one too. Amazon has a killer price and 1 day shipping!

I ended up getting the MOOG one too from amazon for $17 bucks!! I figure its worth a try and since i will replace it again down the road why not... thanks for the feedback

AZ TAKO

Doing mine tomorrow also and saw on youtube that using the fork is the way to go.. Lets see how it goes for me.. Good luck with yours!

jknikos

Doing mine tomorrow also and saw on youtube that using the fork is the way to go.. Lets see how it goes for me.. Good luck with yours!

Beat the shit out of it with a pickle fork. If you're replacing it, no need to be gentle with the old part.

I don't have I pickle fork and I am afraid to use a hammer cause I dont want to damage the steering box. I have replaced my tie rod and I used a hammer on the knuckles but up there it is a different story.

WJCO

Meme King

I don't have I pickle fork and I am afraid to use a hammer cause I dont want to damage the steering box. I have replaced my tie rod and I used a hammer on the knuckles but up there it is a different story.

Can you get one at a local auto parts store? Good tool to have.

Chad

Can you get one at a local auto parts store? Good tool to have.[/QUOT

Definitely a good tool to have. I've used mine for years and it's held up great. Used it when I replaced my drag link end. Thought it was going to be a bitch, but with the fork,and a few good whacks from a 3lb sledge, it popped right off.

TonyViv

You definitely need a pickle fork in your tool chest.... even better a fork attachment for your air hammer if you have one. Like was said it will tear the boot and don't count on one of those harbor freight no damage separators. They are hard to get under the boot and will bend with any pressure, real POS, in my experience. I also never seem to have much luck with the banging on the joint with either the 1 or 2 hammer procedures...

Tony

Top Bottom