Synergy Track Bar Bushings

J

JKDream

Bit of a weird one. Been having some issues ever since I installed my PR44 in regards to the track bar bracket. I couldn't get the bolt to stay tight whatsoever. I replaced the bolt, didn't help. Turns out the bushing is every so slightly too small for the bracket. This wasn't an issue on the OE axle because the bracket was so thin. But on the PR it wasn't putting enough clamping force onto the bushing.

With that said, does anyone know of a replacement bushing that fits synergy track bars that might be a bit bigger?
I jammed a grade 8 washer in between the two and it's good to go now, but would rather properly solve the issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So you're saying that the interior bracket width is wider than the bushing sleeve? I would have done the same thing you did with the washer. Could you use a ball joint press and collapse the bracket a little? Or could you buy a different track bar bushing sleeve that's wider?

Journeyman

I changed out my rear upper with a bushing from energy suspension. Don't know if they'll have wheat you need. But it's worked for me great so far.

J

JKDream

So you're saying that the interior bracket width is wider than the bushing sleeve? I would have done the same thing you did with the washer. Could you use a ball joint press and collapse the bracket a little? Or could you buy a different track bar bushing sleeve that's wider?
Yeah the spacing inside the bracket is a bit big for the bushing. I could torque the living shit out of the bolt but that probably would just snap the fastener before anything bent. Ideally I'd like to find a bushing that fits tighter.

Would throw the stock bar back on but I gave it away.

J

JKDream

Checked it again today after using the washer, certainly enough it was loose.
Upon re-torquing it I actually noticed the bushing has a significant amount of play, which is probably why my steering felt sloppy even with the caster, and why it kept coming loose.
Pretty unimpressed with Synergy as of late, first their balljoints shit the bed within 20,000km, now the track bar.

Recommendations for a new bar?

Journeyman

Checked it again today after using the washer, certainly enough it was loose.
Upon re-torquing it I actually noticed the bushing has a significant amount of play, which is probably why my steering felt sloppy even with the caster, and why it kept coming loose.
Pretty unimpressed with Synergy as of late, first their balljoints shit the bed within 20,000km, now the track bar.

Recommendations for a new bar?

Yea I've kind come to think of their tie rod ends and ball joints as disposable parts. I've been getting maybe 5k out my drag link Tre's before I notice some slop in them. My next project will be hydro assist and replacing my tre's with a heim joint setup.
I would honestly look for a factory track bar. Absolutely never any issues with mine in a 100k other than destroying the bushing sleeve in my rear upper because the bolt was a bit loose and the threaded bolt ate it up.

J

JKDream

Yea I've kind come to think of their tie rod ends and ball joints as disposable parts. I've been getting maybe 5k out my drag link Tre's before I notice some slop in them. My next project will be hydro assist and replacing my tre's with a heim joint setup.
I would honestly look for a factory track bar. Absolutely never any issues with mine in a 100k other than destroying the bushing sleeve in my rear upper because the bolt was a bit loose and the threaded bolt ate it up.

Yeah I'm coming to that conclusion as well. I was on the fence about their control arms as I was bouncing between them and Currie.
Definitely going Currie now though. I think that's what I might do, I can get a stock bar for virtually free.
Consensus if I'm buying one is 07-11 has better joints I believe?

Journeyman

Yeah I'm coming to that conclusion as well. I was on the fence about their control arms as I was bouncing between them and Currie.
Definitely going Currie now though. I think that's what I might do, I can get a stock bar for virtually free.
Consensus if I'm buying one is 07-11 has better joints I believe?

Couldn't tell ya as I have not heard that or have any experience personally with different years. Mine is a 13 and has been great. I believe I'm particularly hard on my bushings. I live in the mountains and all my driving is curvy ass roads. Only a couple straight sections.

J

JKDream

Couldn't tell ya as I have not heard that or have any experience personally with different years. Mine is a 13 and has been great. I believe I'm particularly hard on my bushings. I live in the mountains and all my driving is curvy ass roads. Only a couple straight sections.

Same here, I'm right on the coast so everything is either a hill or mountain.

Grabbed a stock bar from a buddy with probably 5000 miles on it.
I'm assuming with the stock rubber bushings a wee bit of lateral play is normal? **on the axle side
I've only ever run aftermarket bars.
The bolt is snug now and not loosening up, just wondering about the OE bushings.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Same here, I'm right on the coast so everything is either a hill or mountain.

Grabbed a stock bar from a buddy with probably 5000 miles on it.
I'm assuming with the stock rubber bushings a wee bit of lateral play is normal?
I've only ever run aftermarket bars.
The bolt is snug now and not loosening up, just wondering about the OE bushings.

The rubber bushing will flex normally, like maybe a 32nd of an inch. It's when you see the bar moving, that it's not normal. You will actually see the bar moving within the bracket, not good. Even 1/16" of movement of the bar will cause DW, been there.

As long as the bracket is clamping the bushing sleeve, the OEM one should last you a long time.

Last edited:
J

JKDream

The rubber bushing will flex normally, like maybe a 32nd of an inch. It's when you see the bar moving, that it's not normal. You will actually see the bar moving within the bracket, not good. Even 1/16" of movement of the bar will cause DW, been there.

Cool that's what I figured. Bar doesn't move in the bracket as if the bolt was loose. It's just the rubber bushing flexing and compressing.

WJCO

Meme King
Cool that's what I figured. Bar doesn't move in the bracket as if the bolt was loose. It's just the rubber bushing flexing and compressing.

You will notice the difference on a test drive right away if you have it right, guaranteed.

Top Bottom