Cool Historic Hotels Close to I-80 Between Elko and Winnemucca

jesse3638

Hooked
Hey Northern Nevadens. The family and I will be heading west from Salt Lake City on Friday 6/23. We were originally planning on pushing to Reno but after leaving Moab that morning we decided hold up sooner. We were looking for a cool, clean, off the beaten path hotel to stop for the night. May actually bypass Reno and head straight to Carson City as work may dictate. Any ideas would be great. Hey Eddie we may stop by unannounced if you're in town on Saturday...haha. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
im actually renting a house in Stead right now, not much up here, though it really is only 10-15 min from Downtown Reno

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Northern Nevadens. The family and I will be heading west from Salt Lake City on Friday 6/23. We were originally planning on pushing to Reno but after leaving Moab that morning we decided hold up sooner. We were looking for a cool, clean, off the beaten path hotel to stop for the night. May actually bypass Reno and head straight to Carson City as work may dictate. Any ideas would be great. Hey Eddie we may stop by unannounced if you're in town on Saturday...haha. Thanks for the help.

LOL!! No way, what brings you this way?

As mentioned, there isn't much in the way of historic hotels on that length of highway. There used to be the Winnemucca Hotel but it closed a few years back. Same goes for the cool places that used to be in Wells.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Oh man, I wish I had known. Unfortunately, I am busy all weekend match directing and cannot meet you anywhere. I am gonna miss you, bummer.

jesse3638

Hooked
You are going to Stead...on purpose?
Haha yeah. I have to deliver a vehicle to the tanker base.
LOL!! No way, what brings you this way?

As mentioned, there isn't much in the way of historic hotels on that length of highway. There used to be the Winnemucca Hotel but it closed a few years back. Same goes for the cool places that used to be in Wells.
Well I had work obligations in Texas and and delivering a vehicle "Fire SUV" to the tanker base in Stead for the guys I'm Susanville. If you're home maybe we can swing by real quick.
Hit me up, maybe we can at least say hi, I'm heading to Tahoe some time Saturday to meet up with some friends so hopefully we can catch each other

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah will do. We'll be in probably around 1pm. I still owe you a beer for the leg rehab help.
Oh man, I wish I had known. Unfortunately, I am busy all weekend match directing and cannot meet you anywhere. I am gonna miss you, bummer.
Yeah that sucks. Hopefully next time.

jesse3638

Hooked
Hey everyone sorry didn't stop by and say hi. We were on a bit of a time crunch. However I did see this good looking jeep.

IMAG2322.jpg

Didn't see Mike though. Hope all is well and the build is looking good.

I may be heading back up next weekend maybe we can all meet up for lunch and a cold one.

ChuckMRN

My wife and I shot a match up there one year, Ruby Mountain 3 Gun. We were guests of Big Randy, God rest his soul. I won the Tactical Class and was 2nd over all. Lost to one of the R&R Racing boys in the Open Class. Really love that area.

Top Bottom