Jackson Dodge, Medicine Hat, AB

Kaylinator

So it seems everytime I bring my Jeep in to the dealer to get service done, it comes back quick.

When I had Service Bulletin 18-034-14 Rev. a done which is an oil pressure sensor, intake plenum gasket, and intake manifold gasket, I had to limp it back to the dealership 20 minutes later when it started misfiring like crazy. Turned out they forgot to reconnect a harness.

Today, I brought it in for an oil change/tire rotation (I foolishly bought the upgraded warranty with free oil changes and tire rotations). I almost make it home when the oil light starts coming on when I turn a corner. "Well that's odd," I thought to myself, "my negative terminal must be loose on the battery again." I'm not sure why I didn't immediately connect the dots.

So I'm loading kayaks on the roof and am just about to hop in to go when I see this:
IMG_20170620_174751.jpg

Oil is everywhere. I can't even see where it's coming from. Check the dipstick. Bone dry. Now it's 5:50 and of course the service center closes at 5:30. So instead I call the salesman who sold me the Jeep 2 years ago. I know he works until 6, and he's a great guy, hoping maybe he can get me in touch with someone, because as it stands, the Jeep ain't moving.

He initially said there wasn't much that could be done other than call the Service Manager first thing in the morning to get it dealt with. Fine. I guess it will be an early morning tomorrow. Not 5 minutes later he calls me back and says there's a service tech still in the back about to go home, and he will come by and fix the issue and top me up. And he did. He showed up 20 minutes later, tightened the oil filter cap which was barely finger tight, topped me off, told me to bring it by to get a full wash, and left.

So I'm really not sure if this should be a positive or negative review. The tech that did my oil change should be fired, no doubt. However the service I recieved from John was phenomenal. He didn't have to go find someone in the service bay, but he did. Did I mention he was in the middle of closing a sale when I called him? Great dude.

The tech that came to my place didn't have to drive across town to fix someone else's fuck up, but he did. Also great service.

So I guess if I had to rate the sales side of things. 5/5 would use again.
The service side of things? I'd give them a 1, but the guy coming out on his own time brings them up to 3/5. I'll be talking to the service manager tomorrow and we'll see how he handles it and whether that changes my opinion. Also talking to the sales manager, because that was totally awesome of John.

🇨🇦 eh?

Top Bottom