JK Body Mounts

Well I tried searching and could not find a thread for this so I will just start one.... Although one thread suggested getting a big Crescent wrench and just bending them.

I have noticed on my JKU that I am ever so much beating the shit out of my poor body mount brackets... I have searched for replacements and not found any that just replace the stock system with something beefier... I have found some designed around eliminating the 1 inch body buffer but nothing that just replaces the stock with something better...

Anyone know of anything out there?? I found what I thought were some pretty nice armored mounts for the TJ from Poison Spyder but nothing for my JKU.

Thoughts?? Suggestions??

Thanks,

JeepJeep75

One of the things that make these JK's so luxurious is that they have nice, squishy body mount bushings. Getting rid of those bushings for something more solid will probably not turn out well. As far as the mounts go, well, it seems like there's no need to beef them up. That might be the reason you can't just order up a set online. Looks like you're gonna have to fab something up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of the things that make these JK's so luxurious is that they have nice, squishy body mount bushings. Getting rid of those bushings for something more solid will probably not turn out well. As far as the mounts go, well, it seems like there's no need to beef them up. That might be the reason you can't just order up a set online. Looks like you're gonna have to fab something up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This ^^^

Unlike the TJ, YJ and CJ before, the JK comes with true body mounts in that they are isolators instead of just rubber pucks. This allows for a great deal of movement and energy absorption which provide a really nice ride. This is something most people want for a smooth ride.

Top Bottom