Hello Guys and Gals -

Kbarwall

Hello all, I am new here, not new to jeep, from Cincinnati Ohio.

Background about me:
I got my first jeep when i was 15 (79' CJ7), since then I have had quite a few and currently own a few. I got my first intro to the jeep life when i was young, from my father. Growing up he always had a old Willys or two that we would use to wheel and ride around the woods exploring. He took a few year Hiatus and well, I must have never lost my desire for jeeps and ended up getting that CJ7. A few years went buy and I couldn't afford the jeep in college, so I sold it and picked up a civic, that was boring and with my first CO-op job, I entered back into the jeep market with a 00 TJ. Since then I have had quite the list. As follows;

1. 1979 CJ7 -sold
2. 2000 TJ X (Dana 35 :( ) sold
3. 2001 TJ Sahara (Dana 44 :) ) sold
4. 2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara - the One that got away.....wish i never sold this jeep
5. 2006 LJ Rubicon with a Hemi Swap - only bought to make some cash by selling
6. 2008 JK Sahara (Wife's Jeep) -sold for a bigger family vehicle
7. 1985 Jeep CJ7 (Fully restored by me - can provide link to Jeep forum for anyone interested - sold like a dumb dumb
8. 1948 Willys Cj2a - In the side barn awaiting some work.
9. 1992 YJ (gift from my dad - Currently building)
10. 2015 JKU Hard Rock - Just bought about two weeks ago.

I have a decent fleet going on right now.

Originally I traded the YJ for a winch and some CAD work to a guy I work with. This sounds like a great deal, and seemed like one at the time, but nearly everything has been replaced, frame was rotted beyond repair, body was dented and rusted, axles were junk but it did have a newly rebuilt 4cyl (still in it for now). I ended up trading it somewhere between the 85 CJ7 and the semi rubicon to my dad for a snap-on sandblast cabinet and a ruler 10/22 ... it sat for nearly 5 years and was gifted back to me...so I am making it a driver (can link to Jeepforum for those interested).

So that leaves us with the new JKU. Prior, I had a tacoma, it was a great daily driver, but I just missed having a nice daily driver jeep. Its currently stock and awaiting some research and subsequent purchases by me, thus, why I am here on this forum. I have followed Eddie and his wife and their adventures for several years now and so I migrated forums to a more JK centric group.

My near term goals are too create a jeep for my family and I to use for vacations to explore and to create some memories. I am not certain what my build will include exactly, but time will tell.

Well thats my story, see you all around!

Kevin

TRLJNKY

Quite the Jeep resume 😁! Welcome to WAL from Northern Nevada!

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard. If you're interested in the jk platform and driving it to the trails and back you're in the right spot. Would be cool to see some pics of the jeeps you've owned.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Phoenix AZ, make sure to do a build thread so we can keep up with your progress. That's always fun!

Kbarwall

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Here are some pics, in same order as list above. Ill post a couple links as well to the CJ7 and Yj builds for those interested, however they are on another forum, if not allowed, please delete.

1. 1979 CJ7 -sold

2. 2000 TJ X (Dana 35 ) sold

3. 2001 TJ Sahara (Dana 44 ) sold

4. 2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara - the One that got away.....wish i never sold this jeep

5. 2006 LJ Rubicon with a Hemi Swap - only bought to make some cash by selling - pic is with my homebuilt adventure trailer

6. 2008 JK Sahara (Wife's Jeep) -sold for a bigger family vehicle - Only Pic I could find

7. 1980 Cj5 - sold to my dad to find CJ7 restoration

7. 1985 Jeep CJ7 (Fully restored by me - can provide link to Jeep forum for anyone interested - sold like a dumb dumb
As Purchased:

After Restoration:

8. 1948 Willys Cj2a - In the side barn awaiting some work.
My son and I - aka one of the reasons I am moving into a JK

as purchase:

9. 1992 YJ (gift from my dad - Currently building)
Current Stage:

As traded for:

10. 2015 JKU Hard Rock - Just bought about two weeks ago.

CJ7 resto-mod:

YJ build:

enjoy!

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom