King Front & Rear Bump Stops-King 2.5 w/res-Dynatrac Brake-AEV 4.5 Springs

Blackhawkip

Before deciding on going with the King Rear Bump Stop kit, I scoured the internet looking for pictures. I could only find one and it wasn't very good. I went with the King install kit because I liked that I didn't have to cut into the frame to install them. Thought I'd post up pictures for those of you thinking of going this route. Also threw in other pictures of the King 2.5s, Dynatrac brakes, and AEV 4.5 springs for reference. I spent hours looking at pictures and reading write-ups before going the route I took.

Cheers!

IMG_0278.jpeg IMG_0288.jpeg IMG_0286.jpeg IMG_0285.jpeg IMG_0284.jpeg IMG_0283.jpeg IMG_0282.jpeg IMG_0281.jpeg IMG_0280.jpeg IMG_0279.jpeg IMG_0289.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say that I'm totally confused as to why I'm seeing both the factory rear jounce stop AND the King air bump.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess it's just easier to install the rear air bumps like that as opposed to frenching it into the frame like they used to. Would make it easier to service too. Just seems kinda weird that they left the factory jounce stop in like that. Had you not posted a pic from the back, I would have thought that it would hit the bump stop pad well before the air bump could even get started but I do see where the air bump has its own pad. Strange looking setup but it looks like it'd work :crazyeyes:

tgoss

I am beyond confused on that too... Especially with ORE doing the install I'm kind shocked you didn't just have them do their rear rockstops.

Everything is really sexy tho :daydream:

Blackhawkip

I guess it's just easier to install the rear air bumps like that as opposed to frenching it into the frame like they used to. Would make it easier to service too. Just seems kinda weird that they left the factory jounce stop in like that. Had you not posted a pic from the back, I would have thought that it would hit the bump stop pad well before the air bump could even get started but I do see where the air bump has its own pad. Strange looking setup but it looks like it'd work :crazyeyes:

When I take it back to ORE for the 500 mile service on the gear set, I will ask Drew about it. The King instructions show removing the factory rubber bump and just leaving the sleave. I agree, it looks goofy with both.

seansheds

King Front & Rear Bump Stops-King 2.5 w/res-Dynatrac Brake-AEV 4.5 Springs

Very nice Jeff!

One thing you may want to take a look at is the driver front brake line. I just noticed on mine, and only because the inside of my tire was dusty, that at a certain point turning left it's rubbing the tire. It's because of the way the brake line coils on that side. I think it's only happening at close to full turn so the tire would be moving slower, but over time it could wear away the plastic coating.

I'm going to loosen the top part of the line and turn the braided line so it doesn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackhawkip

Very nice Jeff!

One thing you may want to take a look at is the driver front brake line. I just noticed on mine, and only because the inside of my tire was dusty, that at a certain point turning left it's rubbing the tire. It's because of the way the brake line coils on that side. I think it's only happening at close to full turn so the tire would be moving slower, but over time it could wear away the plastic coating.

I'm going to loosen the top part of the line and turn the braided line so it doesn't happen.

Thanks! I will look at it and see if I can adjust it so it coils away from the tire. :thumb:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Im really interested to see the rear at full stuff. I cant help but think the old bump sleeve would make contact with the new bumpstops they made for the air bump. :thinking:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I currently have the AEV 4.5 lift and just ordered the king 2.5 adjustable on Monday to replace the bilstein shocks that came with the lift that have failed. How's the ride? Did you have the have the AEV lift prior to the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blackhawkip

I currently have the AEV 4.5 lift and just ordered the king 2.5 adjustable on Monday to replace the bilstein shocks that came with the lift that have failed. How's the ride? Did you have the have the AEV lift prior to the upgrade?

I ordered the springs from AEV but had to buy their bump stops as well. Ride is way better. I was bottoming out before. Now it's just a firm, smooth transition over bumps.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
So far I love how they ride. One thing you might ask ore about is your tire size. With 37s my front tires would rub the king shocks. It was enough of an issue that ore has shock relocation brackets to keep it from damaging the shock at full turn.

Top Bottom