Roadtrip

isaiasrodriguez

I'm planning a roadtrip, Im gonna drive home to Houston from Minot ND and I'm heading west visiting Rocky Mountains and Grand Canyon etc, my jeep is stock and does anyone know the first steps I should do? Thank y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
You mean you want to modify it? Or are you just staying on pavement and doing a road trip? Check tire pressure, fluid levels, belts, hoses.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
make sure you have recovery/safety gear .. check all fluids, make sure everything is in working order ,,, do a bit of research before heading out so you have a bit of a plan and be fully prepared for that plan to go to complete shit if something happens.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
make sure you have recovery/safety gear .. check all fluids, make sure everything is in working order ,,, do a bit of research before heading out so you have a bit of a plan and be fully prepared for that plan to go to complete shit if something happens.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

^^^ That's good info, there. See this thread on recommendations for recovery gear.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/2953-RECOVERY-GEAR-A-Must-Have-Before-Hitting-the-Trails

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Frame mounted rocker guards would be a good starting point. Larger tires, which will probably mean you'll need a lift, and maybe a regear.

isaiasrodriguez

Frame mounted rocker guards would be a good starting point. Larger tires, which will probably mean you'll need a lift, and maybe a regear.

I'm planning to get 33s with a 3.75 inch lift kit! I'm getting within next month or two! Then I admit I do like the stinger bumper look and wench so I'm getting that next. I have no clue about regear but I'll have to look into it

Tanktitan

Buy some of Charles Wells guidebooks to the places you are going. You can do some really fun stuff stock. When you find you can't do what you would like, start thinking about what it would take mechanically to take the next step. Plenty of good info right here.

black pearl

Hooked
It's always good to have a wench with you on long road trips. Make sure she's strong though, or also bring along a winch as well. [emoji12]
Also the Charles wells books like said are great to have

Top Bottom