My first JK build...

FFIrish

My first ever build thread! been jeepin for a while now and I always make time to spend a week in Moab. Recently Acquired a 2008 JKU. I couldn't stand that it was all stock so i made a couple hours drive to A 4wheelparts store, made a few online orders and well........ had a shop full of parts to begin the build!
As of now these are the parts that will be installed.
- 5:13 Yukon gears
- Poison Spyder diff covers
- Metal Cloak 2.5" Lift with fox shocks
- 35x12.50R15 BFG Mud terrains with MB TKO wheels
- Smittybilt flares
- Trail Dash 2
jk 1.jpg jk 2.jpg
right after we bought it, I make my own decals so I couldn't resist adding some.
more pics to follow!!

FFIrish

Started the install of the gears on the rear axle today, all went well. Took about 4 hours to finish, will be doing front differential tomorrow. Lift this weekend...

Sneak peek of the tires
jk 3.jpg

Gears arrived today
jk 4.jpg

Up on the lift getting ready for the tear down
jk 5.jpg
jk 7.jpg
jk 11.jpg
jk 8.jpg

Installed
jk 10.jpg

FFIrish

Got the re gear done, was that a chore. I finished it up early today so I decided to install part of the lift. Hopefully have it driving again tomorrow. IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1083.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lk13

Mostly my self. My dad helped me with the re gear. I've never done one before. My wife did some painting on the frame and differentials.

IMG_0311.JPG

This was my progress in painting the frame. It took forever but I got it done. It may seem kind of silly but I'm really proud of the job I did. I think it looks really nice painted all black.

Top Bottom