Cab leak

oldroadie

As soon as I got home yesterday from getting my insurance card the torrential downpours began. Today I find a fair amount of standing water on the driver's floor pan, so shop vac and drain plug out, you know the drill. The passenger side is dry.

I've pulled the cowl to look for the origin and the only wet area was around the fresh air intake...that makes me guess it siphoned water along the duct to the driver's side...or is there a common fault I don't know about? I'll readily admit the seam caulking on the firewall looks really poorly done.

It didn't keep me from going to the tag office and taking a 20 mile joy ride just because.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Google "common jk leak points". You should find your answer there, in the top result. I wasn't sure I could post the link to the pdf, not totally sure on copywrite. It's quite informative though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Oops. Yours is a TJ. Well, check those spots anyway. There is a windshield drain that tends to clog with debris on the tj that could be the culprit in your case. I forget where exactly though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

oldroadie

This plenum drain was not as wet as the fresh air intake, maybe because the louvre grill was duct taped, but it seems clean. It's getting a blast of air in a little bit just to make certain.

Edit: Update...that plenum drain was packed full. Two wire implements, a shop vac and many blasts of air before the passage way was clear.

Attachments

• IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Top Bottom