New person in Packaging at Bestop

longarmwj

So got my new Bestop on and put the rear window on and found out they packed a JKU 4dr rear window in my 2dr top. Anyone else have this happen recently. View attachment 264985

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bestop is a SUPER easy company to work with, and their customer service is top notch. I had the zipper break on my Trecktop NX and they sent me out a replacement no questions asked. Get with customer service and they will get it taken care of for you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bestop is a SUPER easy company to work with, and their customer service is top notch. I had the zipper break on my Trecktop NX and they sent me out a replacement no questions asked. Get with customer service and they will get it taken care of for you.

Agreed. I'd give them a call and I'm sure they'll help you out right away with this silly mistake.

BobNH

Not that it matters, as I agree they will be more than happy to make it right, but although I don't know a lot about the JK line, I would assume, unless this is a trektop, the rear window would be the same size. Given that and the weird little tabs, it looks like a TJ window. But as I said, not a lot of exposure yet to the JK, and even less so the 4dr.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not that it matters, as I agree they will be more than happy to make it right, but although I don't know a lot about the JK line, I would assume, unless this is a trektop, the rear window would be the same size. Given that and the weird little tabs, it looks like a TJ window. But as I said, not a lot of exposure yet to the JK, and even less so the 4dr.

This is for a Trektop, a top that slops give you a fastback look. The slope of the 2-door rear window is steeper than the 4-door and because of it, the 4-door will be longer. The TJ is a much narrower Jeep and there's no way this would be a rear window for it.

BobNH

This is for a Trektop, a top that slops give you a fastback look. The slope of the 2-door rear window is steeper than the 4-door and because of it, the 4-door will be longer. The TJ is a much narrower Jeep and there's no way this would be a rear window for it.
Oh yeah, forgot the width difference lol. Tyvm!

Stotch

Caught the Bug
So got my new Bestop on and put the rear window on and found out they packed a JKU 4dr rear window in my 2dr top. Anyone else have this happen recently.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Don't you hate that!? You ALREADY waited for it expectantly for what seemed like forever. Then it finally​ arrives and you start putting it together; it's looking so good! Then, BAM, wrong part. SONOFABITCH! Even though you know it'll be fixed and made right now you have to call and do it ALL over again... Lol

Good luck with getting the new window. Hopefully they don't make you ship back the wrong one and wait an eternity ;)

Top Bottom