Locking Hubs - Dynatrac kit axles

Just curious, when people are getting any of the Dynatrac 60 axle kits, are they then changing their locking hubs to the low profile DynaLocs or are you staying with the Warns?

As you know you can't change much with the Kit axles without dropping out of the kit and having to do a custom build which is more $$$'s. The Dynalocs can be added afterwards, I'm just curious if people are staying with the Warns or moving to the other. I think the wheel hub is the low profile version already, but the Warn is significantly longer than the Dynalocs as the locking mechanism.

RSQCON

There is no reason to change out the Warns unless your hubs stick out past your wheels so to answer your question it all depends on the back spacing/offset of your wheels

There is no reason to change out the Warns unless your hubs stick out past your wheels so to answer your question it all depends on the back spacing/offset of your wheels

Thanks, yeah, I'll be on 3.75 BS so I'm sure the Warns will be just fine. Was just curious what others were doing.

GraniteCrystal

Why bother with locking hubs at all? Is there some major benefit I'm missing? All I see from reading online right now I some slightly improved gas mileage and you don't have to remove a busted axle shaft, you can just unlock the wheel and limp home in 2wd. Worth the $500 cost?

WJCO

Meme King
Don't all one ton axles have locking hubs? As in you don't have a choice, they're just there.

The Cock Father

Yep, to my point, even if you want to *delete* something on the Kit Axles, you bump yourself to the custom build costs.

The question is to go with the included Warns, or upgrade to the Dynalocs.

Both have their advantages- Warn are "included" and Dynaloc are shorter and stronger. But they increase the cost $500

You won't go wrong either way. I have Dynalocs.

rockwell

The question is to go with the included Warns, or upgrade to the Dynalocs.

Both have their advantages- Warn are "included" and Dynaloc are shorter and stronger. But they increase the cost $500

You won't go wrong either way. I have Dynalocs.

Did they also send you the Warns? I got the Dynalocs too and I thought it was going to be a separate purchase but they came installed without the Warns. $500 is an expensive upgrade with no credit for the Warns, I would have like to have had them for spares or sell to recoup some of the $500.

The Cock Father

Did they also send you the Warns? I got the Dynalocs too and I thought it was going to be a separate purchase but they came installed without the Warns. $500 is an expensive upgrade with no credit for the Warns, I would have like to have had them for spares or sell to recoup some of the $500.

Nope. Just like yours- installed and no Warns to sell.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Just a guess, but based upon the wording... it's a $500 UPGRADE. To me that means in addition to the cost of the 'default' build which would be the warns. You already recouped the cost of the warns by not receiving them.

When you buy a car with an upgraded trim package, I have never found the standard trim package in the trunk lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom