Transfer Case

jkruiser

After months of tracking down a leak from my transfer case, I discovered a hairline crack just above the detente plug. If anyone or know someone that may have one available for sale, please send me a PM.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Is this something that looks like it will get worse? I've repaired a few casting cracks with rtv or flexseal from the outside. It's obviously not the proper way, but it works. Now if you have a driveline vibration that is causing the crack, that's a different story.

jkruiser

I was thinking about some JB Weld, not sure how long that band aid will last. I noticed the leak has worsen over time. I was about to replace the seal on the shift sector...thought that was the source of the leak. After wiping the case the down, saw the sippage on the hairline crack. Haven't had any vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I would totally try to repair that, but that's me. Tcase doesn't have pressurized fluid, so if the repair holds, the tcase won't leak. Just clean it good with brakeclean and apply what you wish. I've used RTV twice, but now that I know about FlexSeal in a spray can, I use it for stuff like that.

Andy5160

Hooked
I would totally try to repair that, but that's me. Tcase doesn't have pressurized fluid, so if the repair holds, the tcase won't leak. Just clean it good with brakeclean and apply what you wish. I've used RTV twice, but now that I know about FlexSeal in a spray can, I use it for stuff like that.

Any specific flex seal? They offer several.

Top Bottom