1st build

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Follow the instructions? LOL A 2.5 lift is actually really easy, not too many parts and everything with that kit is simple bolt on if I remember correctly. Use real jackstands, don't trust your floorjack or whatever you're raising it with (unless you have access to a hoist). Even taking your time it shouldn't be more that 4-6 hours to complete and remember to set your steering wheel at the draglink before you drive it just to avoid throwing a code. I believe I see 35" on those tires so on stock wheels, you may need spacers to run those them. You can't usually turn all the way because it hits the either the frame or control arms with that size. You may also have to trim your flares if you go off road much.

Last edited:

GreenSheep

AZ is correct, I threw some 35s on my 08 JKU thinking the rub wasn't going to be that bad (having 33s prior). Had them on for a week and ordered some hub centric 1.5" spacers. Might as well put them on while you've got the wheels on.

GreenSheep

Evryone will hate me but they are the rough country 1.5" spacers. Free shipping came to $119.00 for all four. Same material and are hub centric like the spider trax (just aren't that cool blue color).

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Evryone will hate me but they are the rough country 1.5" spacers. Free shipping came to $119.00 for all four. Same material and are hub centric like the spider trax (just aren't that cool blue color).

We won't hate you, we'll just disagree and say they are not the same material, the difference is more than color. :bleh: The hub centric is spot on though, that's the way to go for sure. So to the OP, if it says lug centric, you don't really want that.

GreenSheep

6061 T6 Aluminum and hub centric. Rugged ridge is top rated and cost $220 for all four. Hate on rough country if we want, but I saved $100.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
6061 T6 Aluminum and hub centric. Rugged ridge is top rated and cost $220 for all four. Hate on rough country if we want, but I saved $100.

My bad, looked at the web sites and they do claim to be the same material. I don't run spacers so I can't speak to experience as to which brand fails, just going on what I've heard and read here. So definitely not an authority on this subject. If it is rough country, then the same materials with a different manufacturing process could be the problem. Or the failures are from a different mfgr. altogether. I would say it requires a bit of research to be sure, and that's easy to do. On 35's with light to moderate wheeling maybe the RC's will hold up just fine. In any event, put what you want on. It's your Jeep. The spidertrax have a more proven track record for what that's worth, but they do cost more.

Thanks guys for the input? I am a machinist and can make my own + anodize aswell with same or better materials. Any input on this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Again, it's your Jeep. But for the cost of spacers, I'd just buy them.

lopezchris1267

Follow the instructions? LOL A 2.5 lift is actually really easy, not too many parts and everything with that kit is simple bolt on if I remember correctly. Use real jackstands, don't trust your floorjack or whatever you're raising it with (unless you have access to a hoist). Even taking your time it shouldn't be more that 4-6 hours to complete and remember to set your steering wheel at the draglink before you drive it just to avoid throwing a code. I believe I see 35" on those tires so on stock wheels, you may need spacers to run those them. You can't usually turn all the way because it hits the either the frame or control arms with that size. You may also have to trim your flares if you go off road much.
AZ,

If I do end up throwing a code, is that something I can correct?
Picks this up today.
View attachment 265632

Top Bottom