Lift Kit Hell !! SOS!!!

flanny19

Okay guys so here comes your typical newbie lift kit questions post.
Please help me get out of lift kit hell!! haha

Ive been researching, running numbers, and weighing pros and cons of every lift kit out there for what seems like almost a whole year.
(trying my best not to post one of these but here i am and i have to make up my mind)

I live on cape cod and wheel all kinds of terrain from rocks, sand, and mud. I drive this jeep everyday on the road and on the weekends i try and go as far off the pavement as i can.
(obviously with a stock setup its not as far as i would like)

So these are my wants/needs/and thoughts

Lift kit needs to..
1 be under 2 grand
2 be able to run 35s or 37s
3 be able to upgrade in the future

What im thinking..
k so as much as i want to run one of the pro stage evo kits i just simply cant afford that right now although its where i will eventually end up.
Im not here to buy a skyjacker or rough country lift kit that im going to be disappointed with and end up scrapping the whole kit once i want to move up.
i really want to run a long arm kit but obviously finding a kit under two grand thats is worth the money is almost imposible to do. i would like something that rides decent and want to avoid just sticking body lift pucks all over the place

After driving my self crazy for months this is what ive narrowed it down to

1EVO MANUFACTURING ENFORCER LIFT KIT W/ PLUSH SPRINGS 4IN - JK - $1300
(https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...cturing-enforcer-lift-kit-w-plush-springs-4in

2 Currie enterprises 4" Standard Suspension System JK 4D Johnny Joint- $1150
https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...rises-standard-4in-off-road-suspension-system

3 TERAFLEX 4IN LIFT KIT W/9550 SHOCKS & TRACKBAR - JK 4DR - $1325
(https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...s/1251400-teraflex-4in-lift-kit-w-9550-shocks)
(i just used Northridge out of easy of making all this if anyone knows a place with great prices feel free to lmk)

after researching on WAL for awhile this is what i have come up with and the plan is to run one of these systems (unless anyone has a better option) for awhile then add in long arms and im sure further down the road ill do coilovers.

yes i do realize anything over three inches requires other modifications and that i will also need to buy shocks and or adjustable control arms depending on the kit i pick.

Im posting this in hopes to get feedback on these systems or possible suggestions of other ones. As i said earlier im slowing working my way up to where i want to get and want to have a good foundation please feel free to lmk if im crazy or if there are better ways of doing so haha.

i have a 2015 jku sahara stock everything

Thanks,
Flan

pedroj14

Ive been researching, running numbers, and weighing pros and cons of every lift kit out there for what seems like almost a whole year.
(trying my best not to post one of these but here i am and i have to make up my mind)

I live on cape cod and wheel all kinds of terrain from rocks, sand, and mud. I drive this jeep everyday on the road and on the weekends i try and go as far off the pavement as i can.

Lift kit needs to..
1 be under 2 grand

What im thinking..
k so as much as i want to run one of the pro stage evo kits i just simply cant afford that right now although its where i will eventually end up.
Im not here to buy a skyjacker or rough country lift kit that im going to be disappointed with and end up scrapping the whole kit once i want to move up.
i really want to run a long arm kit but obviously finding a kit under two grand thats is worth the money is almost imposible to do. i would like something that rides decent and want to avoid just sticking body lift pucks all over the place

(https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...cturing-enforcer-lift-kit-w-plush-springs-4in

https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...rises-standard-4in-off-road-suspension-system

(https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...s/1251400-teraflex-4in-lift-kit-w-9550-shocks)
(i just used Northridge out of easy of making all this if anyone knows a place with great prices feel free to lmk)

after researching on WAL for awhile this is what i have come up with and the plan is to run one of these systems (unless anyone has a better option) for awhile then add in long arms and im sure further down the road ill do coilovers.

yes i do realize anything over three inches requires other modifications and that i will also need to buy shocks and or adjustable control arms depending on the kit i pick.

Im posting this in hopes to get feedback on these systems or possible suggestions of other ones. As i said earlier im slowing working my way up to where i want to get and want to have a good foundation please feel free to lmk if im crazy or if there are better ways of doing so haha.

Thanks,
Flan

I also looked for upgrade ability down the road when choosing a lift kit a few years back. I went with the Evo Enforcer 3" for my 2DR Sport JK. I used Bilstein 5100 shocks but they are on the short end (25" extended length) but very confortable ride.

I would upgrade the steering with a draglink flip. I also used Evo Mfg for the flip, but have recently installed a JKS flip on a friend's JKUR and it is pretty similar. I would also upgrade the front driveshaft. I would also recommend, whenever you can, to upgrade the front and rear track bars to adjustable ones, since the relocation brackets were not enough for me, and the axles were a bit off-center.

The Currie kit also looks good and the control arms come with Jhonny Joints also like the Evo kit.

Good luck with your purchase.

J

JKDream

Lift kit needs to..
1 be under 2 grand

What im thinking..

Thanks,
Flan

Hands down the Enforcer, I would add the draglink flip as well.
Currie makes some good products, but I'm not a huge fan of their springs.
Teraflex = no.

seansheds

Go with the EVO 4". I had the same req's as you and plan to upgrade to 37's. With a front DS and draglink flip it will run a little over $2k but worth it in the long run.

IMG_7899.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked

Lift kit needs to..
1 be under 2 grand

Thanks,
Flan

like others have said, EVO is a good choice.

What I can tell you from experience with the EVO plush coils, I ran the 4" coils on my 2010 JKU 37's. But because of the mods and stuff I carry, the plush rides sagged over time (maybe 1-2 yrs?) -when I removed them, they were shorter than the 3.5" Clayton coils I originally had so keep that in mind as you upgrade.

The Currie kit is nice in that like EVO, they all use Johnny Joints on their control arms - what I don't care for in the Currie is they use a drop pitman arm. Personally I've had 3 drop pitman arms over time on other Jeeps and they never fit like stock - they were all a source of their own issues.

I'd stay clear of Terraflex, they use some knock-off johnny joints that do not hold up to wheeling.

Take a look at Clayton Offroad - they also use Johnny joints and you can run 37's with their 3.5" kit with a little trimming.

Is your budget for the lift portion only or for everything required to support a lift? shocks, front DS, mod the exhaust crossover pipe, C gussets, flip drag link kit, regearing your axles, some sort of tuner to program for the new tires,

not required but nice to have on the trails - hydro assist steering? Have you taken into consideration the gas mileage loss? it's significant with 37's

zimm

Caught the Bug
I also looked for upgrade ability down the road when choosing a lift kit a few years back. I went with the Evo Enforcer 3" for my 2DR Sport JK. I used Bilstein 5100 shocks but they are on the short end (25" extended length) but very confortable ride.

I would upgrade the steering with a draglink flip. I also used Evo Mfg for the flip, but have recently installed a JKS flip on a friend's JKUR and it is pretty similar. I would also upgrade the front driveshaft. I would also recommend, whenever you can, to upgrade the front and rear track bars to adjustable ones, since the relocation brackets were not enough for me, and the axles were a bit off-center.

The Currie kit also looks good and the control arms come with Jhonny Joints also like the Evo kit.

Good luck with your purchase.

What he said!

However, if you trim your fender flares, the 3" is more than enough lift for even my huge 37x13.5 Cooper SST pros at full stuff.

Adams 1350 front shaft.
Rancho 9000 shocks
Flip kit

35435165885_27292e82aa_b.jpg

35435172585_ec525c4eb9_b.jpg

flanny19

Guys thanks for all the feedback this has definitely helped a lot! I really appreciate it! I have taken into consideration all the expenses of going over three inches of lift already. From what I've heard and the general consensus on WAL normally is that evo is the way to go haha. Just have to decided if I want the to go with the four inch kit or the three.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Guys thanks for all the feedback this has definitely helped a lot! I really appreciate it! I have taken into consideration all the expenses of going over three inches of lift already. From what I've heard and the general consensus on WAL normally is that evo is the way to go haha. Just have to decided if I want the to go with the four inch kit or the three.

It's a good kit for the money. The Rancho kit, doesn't use Johnny Joints, like EVO, but otherwise should ride and handle very similarly.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Are you going with 35's or 37's?

Here are 35" duratracs, 3" evo springs, full fenders. Actually I have 1/2" spacers on the passenger side to fix the "JK lean".

33517446515_dae730ba98_b.jpg

Same, but with cut fenders

34413221291_984a2b7552_b.jpg

Cut fenders and 37's.

34041467423_f36db3b4db_b.jpg

flanny19

Are you going with 35's or 37's?

Here are 35" duratracs, 3" evo springs, full fenders. Actually I have 1/2" spacers on the passenger side to fix the "JK lean".

33517446515_dae730ba98_b.jpg

Same, but with cut fenders

34413221291_984a2b7552_b.jpg

Cut fenders and 37's.

34041467423_f36db3b4db_b.jpg

wow i mean the 35s look great but the 37s and trimmed just look way better! the atx slabs definitely help with that as well haha that looks sick. im trying to price out the tires and wheels i want to run toyo mts and im not seeing much of a price diffrence between 35s and 37s

zimm

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the compliments. They're ATX chamber pro II's, not slabs. 4" backspace vice 3.5".

If you're going 37's that heavy, better have at least dana 44's and 4.88 or 5.13 gears, and plan on a big brake kit like the dynatrac progrip.

The wheels are pretty much $400 each. EVO sells them, buy 4 get 5th free, but you pay for shipping. I went with a vendor with free shipping.

Price out the coopers too, they were cheaper than the toyos for me. I ran toy's in 37x13.5 on my old F250 diesel and they were great, but I think the coopers flex better and are a little lighter.

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
On another note, if you can get the seller to mount the wheels, DO IT! I tried by myself and got the first one so stuck I couldn't get it on or off. After a soaped up 4' pry bar nearly caught me in the face, I gave up and took it to a shop. 5 hours of $118/hr labor later, they were mounted and balanced. I don't know how Eddie and those guys at EVO show on youtube how to just walk on a tire and it goes over the rim. Maybe I need lessons, but I couldn't do it.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Give Trail Jeeps a look, they might be able to do you a better deal and they are a forum sponsor.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm sorry but, where the hell have you been? Trail Jeeps hasn't been a forum sponsor for a long time now.

OP- check out quadratec. They will price match anywhere and there customer service is great imo. Never had a bad experience with them.

Top Bottom