Hell Hole Reservoir

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Took a trip in to Hell Hole Reservoir up in the Sierras yesterday. It was a day trip but a very long day trip. It's a very remote spot and takes a long time to get to the trailhead but the views are definitely worth it. Didn't get too many pictures but here are a few. The trail is mostly easy but there are some more difficult spots. It was perfect since it was our first trip with our 7 month old son.

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.JPG

This was the end of the trail for us. The Reservoir was so full that the trail ended in the lake. Normally this would be a stream crossing. This is at the end of a downhill section with nowhere to turn around so we had to reverse back up the hill.
IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

We had a great time even though we ended up getting home at 12:30am. The boy was a champ and actually slept through the hardest sections of trail both in and out. My wife had to sit back there and hold his head from flopping forward. Looking forward to our next outing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome run! It's great when people see the car seats in the back of my jeep and ask if I take my kids off road, and I tell them "Absolutely, it's a family sport!" We made some of the best family adventure memories on the trails!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks guys. It was great the kid did so well. My wife was apprehensive to begin with but now it looks like there'll be some more trips in the near future.

Looks pretty good for being burnt to a crisp a couple years ago. Cool pics.

Yea there's definitely some fire damage up there. Some on the trail but only for about the first half mile or so.

Thanks guys. It was great the kid did so well. My wife was apprehensive to begin with but now it looks like there'll be some more trips in the near future.

Yea there's definitely some fire damage up there. Some on the trail but only for about the first half mile or so.

That's a nice area their next to are property we have not much fire damage luckly but there is some a little out of town and they are just cutting it down and logging it now but that looks like u guys had a great time and awesome trip.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Very cool. We've also found the kids sleep through the bumpiest parts.

Exactly. Once we hit the gravel road he was bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Looks like an awesome trip! We were super bummed we couldn't make it! Hopefully we can plan another trip soon!

Yea sorry your wife had to work, but there's a lot of summer left.

Nice! Haven't been up there since before the fire. Looks like you had a great time.

Thanks it was great. Kind of a bummer to see the devastation especially considering how it started. But the wildflowers were blooming and a lot of new growth is sprouting up.

Nice trip. Who was Judy Texiera? Cool history there about the lake etc. also about Tex Texiera, the Mntn goat. Couldn't find anything about her or the memorial though.

Don't know any of that. Looks like I'll have to do a little research.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom