WTB compressor, hood louver, ProGrips, sport cage, headlights, LoD stuff

GraniteCrystal

Just throwing this out there as a general list of things I'm interested in buying. No rush to buy. If I can find a great deal, I'd jump on it.

ARB dual compressor
Sport cage (RH4x4 or Evo) or any other parts (C pillar, etc)
ProGrips
JW Speaker headlights
PS Hood Louver (or AEV hood but those are rare)
LoD Destroyer trail rack or multi-mount
LoD Destroyer front bumper
Painless Trail Rocker or SwitchPros setup

GraniteCrystal

If you get a louvre, are you going to go with black, or have it color matched?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I was unsure. Then I showed my wife one that happened to be black. "Oh gross!" So looks like it'll be color matched. She thought that looked way better.

Beings that it's a separate part, thinking of doing it myself with some color match spray paint from Chrysler. Some primer, a few coats, a few clear coats. Thoughts?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I was unsure. Then I showed my wife one that happened to be black. "Oh gross!" So looks like it'll be color matched. She thought that looked way better.

Beings that it's a separate part, thinking of doing it myself with some color match spray paint from Chrysler. Some primer, a few coats, a few clear coats. Thoughts?

Idk. If it doesn't turn out well, you could always have a shop do it. Moochie had his painted, I think. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Edit: Yep. Check out post #22

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/11425-Hood-vents-Louvers-Scoops-etc-Engine-Bay-Heat-Issues

Last edited:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
First of all, welcome to WAL. Thanks for coming here just to try and get a good deal on shit you want to buy! ;) :D

Lol, in all seriousness though, I bought two cans of genuine Mopar Solar Yellow paint from Quadratec and it doesn't match my Jeep at all. My paint is 11 years old on the Jeep, but still.. I thought about color matching my Louver too but when I saw how off the paint was, I ended up just going black. Just food for thought.

GraniteCrystal

First of all, welcome to WAL. Thanks for coming here just to try and get a good deal on shit you want to buy! ;) :D

Lol, in all seriousness though, I bought two cans of genuine Mopar Solar Yellow paint from Quadratec and it doesn't match my Jeep at all. My paint is 11 years old on the Jeep, but still.. I thought about color matching my Louver too but when I saw how off the paint was, I ended up just going black. Just food for thought.
Yeah good to know. I'll try on some scrap metal first if I do it.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Yeah good to know. I'll try on some scrap metal first if I do it.

Your best bet for color matching would be to mount the louvre then have the whole hood (with louvre attached) repainted by a professional paint shop. Even then, there's a decent chance the hood won't perfectly match the rest of the Jeep body.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Not to change directions on you, but if you are interested in the AEV hood, a friend of mine works with them and I can see if I can source one for you. Hardest part is getting it to Colorado from Detroit. I love mine, and it dissipates heat very well.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Your best bet for color matching would be to mount the louvre then have the whole hood (with louvre attached) repainted by a professional paint shop. Even then, there's a decent chance the hood won't perfectly match the rest of the Jeep body.

If you have a sunset Auto parts nearby you can bring something on your jeep with the color you want and they can match it to the color your paint is.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom