Tools...

DH2002

Just was wondering what type of tools you guys carry in the Jeep on a daily basis versus trail days?

US Army Combat Vet. Afghanistan 2010-2011

GraniteCrystal

Daily basis: winch controller, socket set to remove doors, jack to change tire

Trail days: everything including spare parts. There are a few threads out there detailing common items for the trail

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have a tool satchel bag under the rear seat. All the basics-

Pliers, needle nose, dykes, channel locks, snap ring pliers
screwdrivers
wire stripper/crimpers
bag of fuses, short pieces of wire, random crimp connectors, electric tape
3/8" metric socket set
Combo wrenches
Torx sockets
flashlight
Allen keys

I'm sure there's more, but that's going off memory.

BobNH

First aid kit, multiple lockjaw and vise grip pliers, jacking and chocking items wire and wire nuts, aerospace electrical tape (self adhering, amazing stuff), torx tools, hose clamps, screwdrivers. And yes, zip ties. I totally agree, they are unbelievably versatile. And great for driveshafts too. ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

First aid kit, multiple lockjaw and vise grip pliers, jacking and chocking items wire and wire nuts, aerospace electrical tape (self adhering, amazing stuff), torx tools, hose clamps, screwdrivers. And yes, zip ties. I totally agree, they are unbelievably versatile. And great for driveshafts too. ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

What I have:

First Aid Kit
Distilled Water
Extra Bottle Coolant
5 Quart + 1 Quart Oil
Brake Fluid
Power Steering Fluid
Full Tool Box that u can carry (Everything from Wrenches, Sockets, Pliers, Vicegrips etc
Zip ties
Spare Fuses
Spare Belts and Hoses
Tow Strap
Tow Chains
Portabale Battery Jump Starter
Jack
Zip Ties
Botteled Water
Emergency Food (GronolaBars etc)
Spare Wire
Duct Tape
Electrical Tape

I could list more and more but i have to look in my box that i have in the back.

Judesign

Caught the Bug

DMF

For every day use right? Why would you carry so much? I keep a leatherman, a cheap screwdriver with different types of tips. An ARB tire repair and 3-1 battery, jump starter. And in my wallet a road-side assistant card. The last time I decided to have a sudden urge to go on a trail was never because I like to check everything before I even go anywhere far that is not my normal commute.

Top Bottom