Dana 44 leaking

deezus

My stock 44 is slightly leaking at the weld for the Synergy inner sleeve kit, see pic below. I think i bumped it☺️, is it possible to just put a small weld there? 20170625_104952.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I'm starting to sound like Billy Mays selling FlexSeal, but that's what I would do. If the tube is bent, you still need to upgrade the axle, but to stop the leak, I would FlexSeal it.

deezus

I'm starting to sound like Billy Mays selling FlexSeal, but that's what I would do. If the tube is bent, you still need to upgrade the axle, but to stop the leak, I would FlexSeal it.
Ok, ill google that. What happened was i was on a snowbank very high drivers side up a couple times fir Bout 50 ft. I stopped to swim, I then noticed gear oil pooled in the passenger side c. Got home dried up the oil and then noticed the slight seepage but no drops as of now. Could it be the inner seal in the Differential?

deezus

And lets say i got a new axle, prorock 44, with the eaton e locker. Could i run it to my existing Rubicon front locker switch?

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Mine was leaking at the same spots on my 2016 the dealer just replaced the whole axle. From what they told me it's been a common thing lately.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_3334.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Ok, ill google that. What happened was i was on a snowbank very high drivers side up a couple times fir Bout 50 ft. I stopped to swim, I then noticed gear oil pooled in the passenger side c. Got home dried up the oil and then noticed the slight seepage but no drops as of now. Could it be the inner seal in the Differential?

I guess it could be but I would clean it and just keep an eye on it.

And lets say i got a new axle, prorock 44, with the eaton e locker. Could i run it to my existing Rubicon front locker switch?

Contact Dynatrac. I'm not sure on that.

deezus

why not just get the PR44 housing and swap over your stock locker etc..that's what I did and going on 3+ years with 37's
This is what i want to do. Are you running the unlimited? How difficult is it to swap out gears? I was told i would need someone who does gears{i had mine done} to do it? And ive decided to stay at 37s.

jeeeep

Hooked
This is what i want to do. Are you running the unlimited? How difficult is it to swap out gears? I was told i would need someone who does gears{i had mine done} to do it? And ive decided to stay at 37s.

I'm running the unlimited, I had the swap done.

I've been told if you are methodical and keep everything exactly the same - especially the shim stacks it'll swap over fine.

sounded easy enough but still above my driveway mechanical skills and tools to measure pinion preload, backlash.... I had it done.

I can't remember if the axle arrived with all the seals/bearings to avoid needing an install kit - better to call Dynatrac and find out.

It took a day to get it done.

deezus

I'm running the unlimited, I had the swap done.

I've been told if you are methodical and keep everything exactly the same - especially the shim stacks it'll swap over fine.

sounded easy enough but still above my driveway mechanical skills and tools to measure pinion preload, backlash.... I had it done.

I can't remember if the axle arrived with all the seals/bearings to avoid needing an install kit - better to call Dynatrac and find out.

It took a day to get it done.
Yea, and no way to get just gears and do locker myself probably. So it looks like I'll have to take out old axle to do swap of the gears and locker then do the rest myself. I just noticed that 2 of the other welds for the inner sleeves were leaking too. There's a total of 4, 1 of them is staying strong!! Is it safe to drive and wheel with this slight bend? I took it on the freeway and it rides smooth no vibes of any kind. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom