Shopping beadlocks

Finn Sizzle

Yes, the time is near so I'm shopping for some beadlock rims. A few options come to mind:

• Method
  • KMC
  • ATX
  • Hutchinson
  • Trail Ready

They need to fit on*8 on 6.5 wheel bolt pattern.

Any recommendations or wanrings from existing owners?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Love my ATX Chamber Pro II's overall. Really like that the clamping bolts are recessed into the ring, don't like that they puddle water.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Love my ATX Chamber Pro II's overall. Really like that the clamping bolts are recessed into the ring, don't like that they puddle water.

same. x2. what he said. ATX are beefy. Make in china too. Much lighter than the Hutchinsons though. They pool a lot of water, but if you have a leaf blower to dry off the jeep after washing, no issues.

Deacon

I have kmc machete's & love them. The holes in the beadlock ring let mud and water excape for easier cleaning. They are made in China tho...

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do you have black or polished Machetes ? I've decided these are the wheels I'm getting in 8 x 6.5. for my D60s , Have a white JKUR but haven't decided if I want black or polished ?
Are the polished any more difficult to clean up ?

Ddays

Hooked
but if you have a leaf blower to dry off the jeep after washing, no issues.

:cheesy: That's such a stupidly obvious idea! I use mine constantly for everything BUT leaf blowing - I have to try that out! :thumb:

2011jk

I've ran Champion, OMF, BAD, Raceline's and ATX Chamber Pro II's.

I'm now running ATX Chamber Pro II's on the JK and OMF on the LJ

All were-are fine.

BAD's a bitch mounting up with stiff thick sidewalls like the Trail grapplers in 40's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the time is near so I'm shopping for some beadlock rims. A few options come to mind:

• Method
  • KMC
  • ATX
  • Hutchinson
  • Trail Ready

They need to fit on*8 on 6.5 wheel bolt pattern.

Any recommendations or wanrings from existing owners?

How much back spacing are you wanting to run? Most of the wheels you listed only come in one size and they're not all the same.

Rayford85

Do you have black or polished Machetes ? I've decided these are the wheels I'm getting in 8 x 6.5. for my D60s , Have a white JKUR but haven't decided if I want black or polished ?
Are the polished any more difficult to clean up ?
I have the black ones. They aren't to bad to clean. IMG_20170521_130347.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
4.5" BS max, the axles are going to be a bit wider already.

Okay, right off the bat, you can eliminate ATX Slabs as they only come in a 3.5" back spacing and you can eliminate ATX Chamber Pro II's as they come in 4", you can also eliminate KMC Machete as they come in a 4" or maybe it's 3.5". Not sure if Method even comes in an 8 lug. Trail Ready and Hutchinson will have what you're wanting as they come in the lug pattern and back spacing you're needing/wanting.

Robertcrav

Then don't forget Raceline Monsters...

I'm stock width and loving my KMCs with 3.5" bs. You can get their desert wheel with 4.5" b's and run the crawl ring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Deacon

How much back spacing are you wanting to run?
Really not sure what to run.

Being new to both bead locks and upgraded axles, is there a rule of thumb to follow when making this choice? I have a 16 JKUR with a 3.5" lift, PR60/60 axle set to be delivered end of August. Plan on running KMC Machete (3.5BS is the only size I see listed on KMC site) and 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 8 x 6.5 pattern. So my understanding is the stock axles are 65" wide and the new axles will be 68.5" wide, so that along with the KMC 3.5 BS , so my new set up will be 5.5" wider then what I currently have - ( current BS is 4.5").

So for those that are more experienced then I , Is this a normal set up ? Any negatives? Any Pros ? I figure my turning radius will not be as tight but thats all I could guess would be different, that and I'll have to pay more attention backing out of my garage.

Input always appreciated

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really not sure what to run.

Being new to both bead locks and upgraded axles, is there a rule of thumb to follow when making this choice? I have a 16 JKUR with a 3.5" lift, PR60/60 axle set to be delivered end of August. Plan on running KMC Machete (3.5BS is the only size I see listed on KMC site) and 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 8 x 6.5 pattern. So my understanding is the stock axles are 65" wide and the new axles will be 68.5" wide, so that along with the KMC 3.5 BS , so my new set up will be 5.5" wider then what I currently have - ( current BS is 4.5").

So for those that are more experienced then I , Is this a normal set up ? Any negatives? Any Pros ? I figure my turning radius will not be as tight but thats all I could guess would be different, that and I'll have to pay more attention backing out of my garage.

Input always appreciated

Most people like running wheels with 3.5" of back spacing but a lot of that is for no other reason than a lot of popular wheels are made that way. The upside to 3.5" of back spacing is that it'll give you a wider stance and therefor lower your center of gravity, it'll help protect your hubs and help prevent rubbing issues at a full turn and stuff. The downside to 3.5" of back spacing is that the center line of your wheel will be pushed out quite far and that will increase your scrub radius. It will also leave things like your lower ball joints exposed to the rocks and will put more wear and tear on your ball joints and bearings. In other words, nothing critical but they're there. Had you ordered your front as an XD60 with PRO 1550 knuckles, that would have helped a lot but I've been running a ProRock 60 with Pro 60 knuckles for years and it's a great setup.

Assuming you haven't already seen it, this link and video will provide more information that you might be interested in:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...h-72-5-quot-Dynatrac-XD60-PRO-1550-Front-Axle

Deacon

Eddie, thanks for the informative and quality reply.

Good read and info and yeah I actually watched your video last week..... Love your Jeep :thumb:

rockwell

We have fender laws here to deal with. My Hutchinsons have a 5.28 BS and they will stick out a bit. I wish I could go wider.

Top Bottom