Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Boudie350z View Post
    Thank you very much Snboarder113- i know it sounds crazy but i really like the look of the MT. And regarding treadlife, if i can get 2 years out of them, i would be amazed- dont think i have ever gone more than 14 months in a vehicle without changing out shoes. also we have snow half of the year so the spaced out lugs, from what i understand, would track well in snow. its food for thought though. i'm still looking at my options. much appreciate your time sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    I live in Michigan so i can attest to the tread in snow. And while itís the best MT Iíve ever tried in snow. It still doesnít hold a candle to something like a duratrac. Good luck with whatever you end up with.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    I have to agree here. When I lived in the mountains I had the Cooper STT Pro on my Jeep and Duratracs on my Dodge (2001, open diffs, no traction control, v8) at the same time. I took my truck everywhere once the snow came around the Duratracs just hooked up so much better.

That being said: the Cooper STT Pro was by far the best MT I have ran in all conditions.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    I have to agree here. When I lived in the mountains I had the Cooper STT Pro on my Jeep and Duratracs on my Dodge (2001, open diffs, no traction control, v8) at the same time. I took my truck everywhere once the snow came around the Duratracs just hooked up so much better.

That being said: the Cooper STT Pro was by far the best MT I have ran in all conditions.

Both of those tires r quite nice! Suppose i canít really go wrong with either- main thing I need to be sure of is that Iím not shredding the insides of the Jeep up by upping to 35s. Iím getting mixed reviews from so many tire shops and random internet sources; but Iím more inclined to trust the people here on this forum.

Another question- will I need a relocation bracket or tailgate reinforcement for the 35Ē tire?

Quote Originally Posted by Boudie350z View Post
    Both of those tires r quite nice! Suppose i canít really go wrong with either- main thing I need to be sure of is that Iím not shredding the insides of the Jeep up by upping to 35s. Iím getting mixed reviews from so many tire shops and random internet sources; but Iím more inclined to trust the people here on this forum.

Another question- will I need a relocation bracket or tailgate reinforcement for the 35Ē tire?
    You'll be perfectly fine with the 35's = I'm running a set of 35x12.5x17 Ridge Grapplers on mine. The only time you rub is at full flex, otherwise they're ok. I did raise my third brake light up to miss the tire but be careful doing that or you'll fuck up your rear camera wire ( ). Throw extended rubber tire bumpers on the tailgate and you'll be good to go.

Badger 1.jpg

CL1A4290.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDeke View Post
    What are the forums experience with these tires. I am peeling a lift off or new to us '15 JKUR and going back with a long arm kit and part of the plan is a new set of 37's I know Eddie ran or is running Coopers. How true to size do you all find them for calibration? I am considering Nitto Trail Grappler MT's, BFG KM2's or the Coopers SST Pros. I am leaning toward the Coopers or Nittos as I like the side wall bite on them. was curious what kind feedback anyone might .... performance, handling, wear, value, anything really....

edited my post to put less emphasis on the "hole true to size deal" thanks for the call out .... and good point
    I had STT's on my Ram. I liked them. The wear was not the best. Im a BFG guy now on all my vehicles. If your putting all these tires together.. BFG's. But Nitto's are the second one in line for sure. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Brendo Rex View Post
    I had STT's on my Ram. I liked them. The wear was not the best. Im a BFG guy now on all my vehicles. If your putting all these tires together.. BFG's. But Nitto's are the second one in line for sure. ..
    Completely agree on BFGs wearing like iron. Iíve got almost 50k on my KM2s and thereís still some tread left. I have Nitto Ridge grapplers on my Ram and love them. Theyíre quiet and the first set I had wore really well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    You'll be perfectly fine with the 35's = I'm running a set of 35x12.5x17 Ridge Grapplers on mine. The only time you rub is at full flex, otherwise they're ok. I did raise my third brake light up to miss the tire but be careful doing that or you'll fuck up your rear camera wire ( ). Throw extended rubber tire bumpers on the tailgate and you'll be good to go.

Badger 1.jpg

CL1A4290.jpg
    Heard. Thank you man, i will be cautious with extending the breaklight and will look into getting a longer tire bumper. i know Eddie made one from hockey pucks, but i'm not THAT clever, ha. I appreciate the pics too, good looking rig! looking forward to my girl to have some meat on er bones once i choose a set.

Truth.

Berserker Jeep life

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223