Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    What about 35s? Asking for a friend
    For a good all around tire that sees a lot of daily driving, it's hard to beat a Toyo MT. At least, in my experience. My only real problem with Nitto Trail Grapplers in a 35 or 37 is that they have a radial pull to the left. Not that big of a deal but it is something that needs to be noted and otherwise, it's a good choice too. I've not run a Cooper STT Pro in a 35 so it'd be hard for me to say for sure how it does with any real experience. However, if you see any snow and ice, I still stand by the fact that STT Pros perform the best in it of any MT I've run.

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    What about 35s? Asking for a friend

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    For a good all around tire that sees a lot of daily driving, it's hard to beat a Toyo MT. At least, in my experience. My only real problem with Nitto Trail Grapplers in a 35 or 37 is that they have a radial pull to the left. Not that big of a deal but it is something that needs to be noted and otherwise, it's a good choice too. I've not run a Cooper STT Pro in a 35 so it'd be hard for me to say for sure how it does with any real experience. However, if you see any snow and ice, I still stand by the fact that STT Pros perform the best in it of any MT I've run.
    I hear the radial pull is worse when putting it on your trailer vs taking it off.

I have around 40k on my Trail Grapplers and the pull to the left has been noticeable for over a year. But they are wearing well. I donít know what I will run when itís time for new.

I have a year and a half on my Toyo M/Ts, 37x12.50. Mostly wheeling and driving to wheeling. Not a daily driver. Couple of trips to Moab, couple of Rubicon runs, Fordyce, multiple trips to Big Bear, Calico, Cougar Buttes, etc. They have performed very well. No flats, no chunking, no radial pull. They took some weight to get balanced, and they do best at about 8 psi. Kind of expensive. I have no complaints and would recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I was interested in Toyo since everyone says they donít balance them, I donít daily it so I may try them, thanks Eddie

So Cooper doesnít make a 35 for 17ís in the STTPro. They used to before the pro model was released, aka the old STTís. Iím running the next closest in 315/70R17 and have been for several months now.

I do not notice a pull related to the tires. To keep mine square on the road I canít run them anymore than 26 psi cold. They definitely seem to be a softer compound since Iím already seeing some chunks after only a few trails vs the Nittoís I had previously.

Iím mostly happy with them in this size for the price I paid.

IMG_8122.jpg

IMG_8121.jpg

IMG_8120.jpg
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122