Jk control arm bracket damage

NastyNate

So while wheeling this weekend at hidden falls I had a disagreement with a ledge.....I think it won LOL does this look ok to you guys or should I replace it . Also think I bent my control arm some IMG_6244.jpg

This is after I bent it back some IMG_6248.jpg

Any input would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

So while wheeling this weekend at hidden falls I had a disagreement with a ledge.....I think it won LOL does this look ok to you guys or should I replace it . Also think I bent my control arm some View attachment 265555

This is after I bent it back some View attachment 265556

As long as the welds aren't cracked at the frame it's good to run. Mine have the same type of damage.

WJCO

Meme King
Normal operating characteristic of using a Jeep the way it was intended.

To find out if the arm is bent, measure from bolt to bolt, then compare that measurement to the arm on the other side. They should be the same.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You may want to remove the arm and try and bend out the bracket just to prevent squeaking and in case it needs to be removed in the future. It'll be easier to do in the garage than on the trail.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So while wheeling this weekend at hidden falls I had a disagreement with a ledge.....I think it won LOL does this look ok to you guys or should I replace it . Also think I bent my control arm some View attachment 265555

This is after I bent it back some View attachment 265556

As overlander said, I would pull the control arm out and get a prybar in here to clearnace this back out to avoid future issues and inspect the welds closely for cracking... but aside from that... Looks like a good time was had by all... jeeps are like dogs, they LOVE belly rubs. :beer:
2017-06-27 09_18_10-Jk control arm bracket damage.jpg

Top Bottom