Thread: I did a thing...a dumb thing. Don't do the thing I did.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar

I did a thing...a dumb thing. Don't do the thing I did.

I have the touch screen with U-connect in my 2014 JKU. Was trying to get some weather updates from the CB weather channel and couldn't hear it very well. So....I plugged my cobra CB into the Aux port on my factory head unit...much louder, came through clear, great!...until I tried to plug the Aux back into my iPod for music and realized I roasted all the speakers on the drivers side of the jeep.
    So... lesson learned. Wanted to pass it a long.

Don't do that!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are the speakers roasted or did you fuck up the aux jack/cable? Did you try the regular radio to double check? Another aux cable?

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Yep. Checked all of the above. Even fucked with the equalizer to isolate which speakers went tits up. The really odd thing is they just sound blown, but if I try to charge my phone AND run the aux cord like I used to do, I lose ALL sound on the drivers side. It may still be a signal issue I suppose. Our shop has an excellent audio guy. So I will have him check it out when he's back in town. For now...it's headphones for tunes

It blew the speakers that fast? Really? I dunno.
    Idiot with a JK

I plug my CB into AUX all the time... my speakers are fine?

How does it come through clear while using the cb but then all of a sudden they're blown when you plug the iPod in...

I'm thinking/hoping that I just blew the speakers on that side. It's weird that it did it so fast. It's no longer clear with the CB either so I'm sure I just have a case of shitty luck. But now that I know that some of you guys do it and it's fine, I'm going to chalk it up to blown speakers and not related to the CB.

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    My factory speakers started popping and making sounds like they were blown very early after purchase. Still haven't upgraded yet but need too. Don't really care for the factory ones even if I could get them replaced under warranty. Would rather just spend the money and upgrade.

2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd