World of Tanks

gheller

Just wondering if anyone else in WAL sits back on their leisure time and plays some video games.

I've always been into video games but lately I'm hooked on World of Tanks. I'm into military games and so far World of Tanks has been the best I've played.

I have acquired the American line up of Tanks and enjoy a good battle over a glass of scotch. Great stress relief.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sassmouth

Just wondering if anyone else in WAL sits back on their leisure time and plays some video games.

I've always been into video games but lately I'm hooked on World of Tanks. I'm into military games and so far World of Tanks has been the best I've played.

I have acquired the American line up of Tanks and enjoy a good battle over a glass of scotch. Great stress relief.

I dont know what system you have. We have an Xbox One. Sniper Elite 4 is a lot of fun especially in multiplayer.

BobNH

Have you ever tried Aces High? Hitech Creations. It is an amazing WWII combat flight simulator MMOG. Pretty immersive with ground game as well, meaning tanks, jeeps, sfdz, etc. Online not free (offline is), but at least it's not pay to win either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

Have you ever tried Aces High? Hitech Creations. It is an amazing WWII combat flight simulator MMOG. Pretty immersive with ground game as well, meaning tanks, jeeps, sfdz, etc. Online not free (offline is), but at least it's not pay to win either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have heard of it, seems to have been around a long time. Just went to look at their website and saw some videos of gameplay it does look great. I think it's only available on PC.

Years ago I got into Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator for the PC and liked it, although the learning curve is somewhat steep. I had to write down all the functions as it became overwhelming to remember them all.

I have heard of it, seems to have been around a long time. Just went to look at their website and saw some videos of gameplay it does look great. I think it's only available on PC.

Years ago I got into Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator for the PC and liked it, although the learning curve is somewhat steep. I had to write down all the functions as it became overwhelming to remember them all.

Do you play WOT on the One? If so whats your Username I'll look for you next time I log on. I'm the same name as on here. My laptop died so I haven't played on the PC in a long time but I'm Bob_Tuck on there.

gheller

Do you play WOT on the One? If so whats your Username I'll look for you next time I log on. I'm the same name as on here. My laptop died so I haven't played on the PC in a long time but I'm Bob_Tuck on there.

Yes, Xbox One. Cool, I'm SilverWolf JKU.

I'll probably be on later this evening for a few hours. I think I recognize your screen name, we might have been in a few battles together.

Yes, Xbox One. Cool, I'm SilverWolf JKU.

I'll probably be on later this evening for a few hours. I think I recognize your screen name, we might have been in a few battles together.

Sounds good. I haven't played in a while but I'll try and log in this evening after work. we probably have as when I do get on i try and get in as many battles as possible

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have a PS4 (SteelyDave06) but my moral compass wont allow me to pay to play a game I already paid to own, on a dedicated system I already bought... that's borderline extortion IMO. So I MOSTLY play on PC these days, and use the PS4 for streaming and single player exclusives that catch my interest.

I am looking for people to play with on PC though! The only multi player game I currently own for the PC is Ghost Recon Wildlands (UPlay - JustDave11517) but I can always pick up a new game. My current addiction is Fallout 4 on the PC... I picked it up along with the season pass on the STEAM summer sale for $19.45 :thumb:

I also got Middle Earth Shadow or Mordor (wife is a fan of lord of the rings, and the game takes place in "that world"); Rise of the Tomb Raider; and The Witcher 3 from he STEAM summer sale

All 4 games, + DLCs for less than $60... AND free to play online... PC is where its at!

Last edited:
I have a PS4 (SteelyDave06) but my moral compass wont allow me to pay to play a game I already Paid to own on a dedicated system I already bought, that's borderline extortion IMO. So I MOSTLY play on PC these days, and use the PS4 for streaming and single player exclusives.

I am looking for people to play with, and the only real Multi player game I currently own for the PC is Ghost Recon Wildlands (UPlay - JustDave11517) but I can always pick up a new game. My current addiction is Fallout 4 on the PC though... I picked it up at the steam summer sale for $9.45 :thumb:

Check out Playerunkown's Battleground on Steam. It looks really good. I cant play shooters on the PC. One that I am looking forward to when I get a new PC is Age of Sail.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Check out Playerunkown's Battleground on Steam. It looks really good. I cant play shooters on the PC. One that I am looking forward to when I get a new PC is Age of Sail.

Yeah, Playerunknow's Battleground looks awesome, Just not sure I want to drop $35 on a FPS, free for all, Alpha release title... I have a friend who already plays it and told me about it... Im with you though, FPS are not really my thing. I loose interest in them too quickly if I'm not playing with people who use mics constantly, and as a result never get "good" at the game, then I just keep getting my ass handed to me every time I turn around. :cheesy: squad based games like battlefield are "ok" again, so long as everyone has a mic and is working together, but thats hard to find if you dont have a crew you usually play with...

Last edited:

gheller

I have a PS4 (SteelyDave06) but my moral compass wont allow me to pay to play a game I already paid to own, on a dedicated system I already bought... that's borderline extortion IMO. So I MOSTLY play on PC these days, and use the PS4 for streaming and single player exclusives that catch my interest.

I am looking for people to play with on PC though! The only multi player game I currently own for the PC is Ghost Recon Wildlands (UPlay - JustDave11517) but I can always pick up a new game. My current addiction is Fallout 4 on the PC... I picked it up along with the season pass on the STEAM summer sale for $19.45 :thumb:

I also got Middle Earth Shadow or Mordor (wife is a fan of lord of the rings, and the game takes place in "that world"); Rise of the Tomb Raider; and The Witcher 3 from he STEAM summer sale

All 4 games, + DLCs for less than $60... AND free to play online... PC is where its at!

I haven't played on my PC in years, my current PC is mainly used for my photography/editing etc.

I was going to get Fallout 4 a while back but I just knew it would consume me indefinitely.

Shadow of Mordor was excellent! My son and even my girlfriend would sit and watch me play as it was like a movie and amusing as well.
I'm looking forward to the sequel coming out in August, Middle Earth/Shadow of War. The trailers look promising.

As for World of Tanks, I had to sign up for Xbox live 59.00/ year and the game is a free download. You can actually play in the lower tiers without spending much at all but of course if you get hooked and wish to advance and acquire lots of different tanks they wind up getting your money for sure.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
I play on both PC and PS4, also with some good whiskey. Most of my gaming has been on my PS4 but I have been getting back in to some of the PC games.

I play World of Tanks on the PC, tried it on my PS4 but did not like it on console. Have a bunch of tier 7's from about every country, need to eventually focus on one to get my first tier 10.

I have Player Unknowns Battlegrounds, been playing it for a few months now. It is not strictly an FPS, most of the time you are in third person unless you need to ADS. It is fun but frustrating for me since I mostly play shooters with a controller and they are not supported yet.

I also play Path of Exiles on PC. Good for some mindless button mashing fun.

On Playstation, however, I play a lot more:
Skyrim
Fallout 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Titanfall 2
all but the newest Call of Duty(might get WW2 because I loved World at War)
Destiny (will be getting Destiny 2 when it comes out)
Grand Tourismo
God of War(new one looks great so will probably get it)
Uncharted
Assassins Creed
More that I cant remember, or have not played in the last few years.

Gamer tag is the same as on here on all the games/systems.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I play on both PC and PS4, also with some good whiskey. Most of my gaming has been on my PS4 but I have been getting back in to some of the PC games.

I play World of Tanks on the PC, tried it on my PS4 but did not like it on console. Have a bunch of tier 7's from about every country, need to eventually focus on one to get my first tier 10.

I have Player Unknowns Battlegrounds, been playing it for a few months now. It is not strictly an FPS, most of the time you are in third person unless you need to ADS. It is fun but frustrating for me since I mostly play shooters with a controller and they are not supported yet.

I also play Path of Exiles on PC. Good for some mindless button mashing fun.

On Playstation, however, I play a lot more:
Skyrim
Fallout 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Titanfall 2
all but the newest Call of Duty(might get WW2 because I loved World at War)
Destiny (will be getting Destiny 2 when it comes out)
Grand Tourismo
God of War(new one looks great so will probably get it)
Uncharted
Assassins Creed
More that I cant remember, or have not played in the last few years.

Gamer tag is the same as on here on all the games/systems.

Gran Turismo 5 was my bread and butter on the PS3... Back when PSN was free, I was #12 in the national GT academy back in 2011... I still load it up every now and then, but the AI is just HORRIBLE. I'll have a 5-7 second lead in just a few corners even with a severe PP handicap. I'll likely move my SIM Racing over to ProjectCars2 on the PC once it comes out. I dont see any point in dropping the cash now for ProjectCars"1" being it will be obsolete soon, and I dont like the UI of the "more serious" sims that I have tried like rFactor, it just seems clunky and disconnected, I'm more interested in DRIVING than I am my tire pressure... especially in a videogame... I'ed need someone else to sit though the trouble of setting up the car for each race, just let me drive it and be competitive... and of course, I wont buy, then continue to pay to play iRacing... I was SO close to picking up Dirt Rally from STEAM... just decided to wait it out for ProjectCars2...
Do you have a wheel setup? or do you play it more for leisure entertainment?

Uncharted and Assassins Creed are AWESOME games! Though AC has kinda "lost its magic" with the last few games... Syndicate was alright though.

Have you played "the last of us"? EPIC game IMO... I kept my ps4 specifically for up coming exclusives like "the last of us 2"; the Uncharted series, and "days gone" :thumb:

For the OP; here's a screenshot from the STEAM store... might have to check it out some time:

2017-06-28 12_07_06-World of Tanks Blitz on Steam.jpg

Last edited:

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Gran Turismo 5 was my bread and butter on the PS3... Back when PSN was free, I was #12 in the national GT academy back in 2011... I still load it up every now and then, but the AI is just HORRIBLE. I'll have a 5-7 second lead in just a few corners even with a self PP handicap. I'll likely move my SIM Racing over to Project Cars 2 once it comes out. I dont see any point in dropping the cash now for Project Cars "1" being it will be obsolete soon, and I dont like the UI of "more serious" sims like rFactor, it just seems clunky and disconnected, I'm more interested in DRIVING than I am my tire pressure... especially in a game... I was SO close to picking up Dirt Rally from STEAM... just decided to wait it out for ProjectCars2
Do you have a wheel setup? or do you play it more for leisure entertainment?

Uncharted and Assassins Creed is AWESOME! Though AC has kinda "lost its magic" with the last few games... Syndicate was alright though.

Have you played "the last of us"? EPIC game IMO... I kept my ps4 specifically for up coming exclusives like "the last of us 2"; the Uncharted series, and "days gone" :thumb:

I have Last of Us for the PS4, have not opened it, I keep forgetting it and buying new games. IMHO last good AC game was Black Sails, but did not play the most recent one. Highly recommend getting Horizon Zero Dawn, might be the most beautiful game I have ever seen on a console, great story too.

I had a set up for GT with a wheel and an old seat but moved and have not bothered to re-do it. The AI in GT5 was bad. It was the on line stuff pissed me off more, getting penalized because some other jack wagon ran in to me gets old. I have a few friends who take the racing games seriously (GT, Dirt, RBR) but they have actual rally cars so they use it to keep skills up.

Also, that WOT Blitz is not the same. Download the original from wargaming.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I had a set up for GT with a wheel and an old seat but moved and have not bothered to re-do it. The AI in GT5 was bad. It was the on line stuff pissed me off more, getting penalized because some other jack wagon ran in to me gets old. I have a few friends who take the racing games seriously (GT, Dirt, RBR) but they have actual rally cars so they use it to keep skills up.

Also, that WOT Blitz is not the same. Download the original from wargaming.

Yup... That's what I use sim racing for... and RBR is good shit man! I didnt even know people still play that! I was rocking RBR back in like, 05??? 06??? Might have to see if I can dig up a key and see what its like today! I'm sure people have been modding the hell out of the game if its still alive an well so I can only assume the graphics are up to snuff now... awesome! :thumb:

10177342_10203029661574905_5528917480378730817_n.jpg

10175032_10154106595980721_4150604112578286514_n.jpg

10246797_10203601352739520_8883330657392160354_n.jpg

Unfortunately, I sold my car, along with my DD to buy my current wrangler back in October 2014. But I still try to get out to the track when I can, A few weekends ago, I was able to land a HPDE in this bad boy at COTA

17629970_10211104122471381_8112338810960066669_n.jpg

17630089_10211104123991419_7146945700076148499_n.jpg

thanks for the heads up on world of tanks, I'll look a little further into it and maybe give it a try in the next few weeks :yup: UNLESS someone wants to play sooner and doesn't mind a total noob? :hmm:

Last edited:

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Yup... That's what I use sim racing for... and RBR is good shit man! I didnt even know people still play that! I was rocking RBR back in like, 2005? :thumb: Might have to see if I can dig up a key and see what its like today! I'm sure people have been modding the hell out of the game if its still alive an well so I can only assume the graphics are up to snuff now... awesome! :thumb:

Unfortunately, I sold my car, along with my DD to buy my current wrangler back in October 2014. But I still try to get out to the track when I can, A few weekends ago, I was able to land a HPDE in this bad boy at COTA

thanks for the heads up on world of tanks, I'll look a little further into it and maybe give it a try in the next few weeks :yup: UNLESS someone wants to play sooner and doesn't mind a total noob? :hmm:

Nice STi. I still have mine, 05 wagon with most of an STi swap(not the brakes because it won't clear 15s). Did a few track days but I have always been more of a rally fan:
Rex.jpg
rex2.jpg

If you want to play WOT, let me know, Can get you to a tier 4 in one evening.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Nice STi. I still have mine, 05 wagon with most of an STi swap(not the brakes because it won't clear 15s). Did a few track days but I have always been more of a rally fan:
View attachment 265808
View attachment 265809

If you want to play WOT, let me know, Can get you to a tier 4 in one evening.

Excellent! my STi was definitely AFRAID of dirt. ... i know... :grayno:

but it was a 500awhp/500 awtq corner carver, built 2.5 EJ (raw/axis performance built), FP DOM3, aqua-mist meth injection, aps everything on the intake side, aps FMIC & aps charge pipes, tial external wastegate, pump gas, titanium exhaust, corner balanced tarmac T2 coil overs, whiteline suspension bushings, sway bars, caster correction, the works... Loved that car, but felt it was time to FINALLY try the jeep thing... even Bucky Lasek complemented it, shook my hand and told me he'd vote for my car and I ended up winning the "Best Impreza 06-07" award at BE5! An awesome experience for sure!

1376460_10201619768048448_1277298645_n.jpg

I kept the trophy and the OE shift knob as keep-sakes when I sold the car, I keep them on a display shelf in my office at home; along side my OE DSM shift knob... If I even sell the jeep, I'll probably keep the OE shift knob also! HAHA

here is the slide show from when I sold it if your interested in a closer look at the car itself:
Pics found here

I'll keep you posted on WOT. Like I said, my current addiction is to Fallout4, so if I'm playing a game, I'm playing (or modding) fallout. Unless we find 3-5+ people in this thread wanting to play something else. Then I suppose I could put my addiction aside for a few hours. haha I bought 4 games on the steam summer sale, but havent even installed them yet because Fallout is all I currently want when I boot up my gaming PC. haha

Last edited:

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Excellent! my STi was definitely AFRAID of dirt. ... i know... :grayno:

but it was a 500awhp/500 awtq corner carver, built 2.5 EJ (raw/axis performance built), FP DOM3, aqua-mist meth injection, aps everything on the intake side, aps FMIC & aps charge pipes, tial external wastegate, pump gas, titanium exhaust, corner balanced tarmac T2 coil overs, whiteline suspension bushings, sway bars, caster correction, the works... Loved that car, but felt it was time to FINALLY try the jeep thing... even Bucky Lasek complemented it, shook my hand and told me he'd vote for my car and I ended up winning the "Best Impreza 06-07" award at BE5! An awesome experience for sure!

I kept the trophy and the OE shift knob as keep-sakes when I sold the car, I keep them on a display shelf in my office at home; along side my OE DSM shift knob... If I even sell the jeep, I'll probably keep the OE shift knob also! HAHA

here is the slide show from when I sold it if your interested in a closer look at the car itself:
Pics found here

I'll keep you posted on WOT. Like I said, my current addiction is to Fallout4, so if I'm playing a game, I'm playing (or modding) fallout. Unless we find 3-5+ people in this thread wanting to play something else. Then I suppose I could put my addiction aside for a few hours. haha I bought 4 games on the steam summer sale, but havent even installed them yet because Fallout is all I currently want when I boot up my gaming PC. haha

I play with a few guys on WOT, chat on TS, squads are limited to 3 people in that game. I spent most of last year binge playing Fallout 4. I think I ran through the first 40+ levels on at east half a dozen builds, never really got to modding because I was on the PS4.

Top Bottom