Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Info regarding 3.5" lift and 35" tires.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_jk View Post
    what do you think if i get the regearing done at my buddys garage? is it really as hard as people are saying it is? hes a good mechanic, and understands what needs to be done but hasn't physically done one, he has only watched others do it... :s
    So long as he knows what needs to be done and has the tools to do it right, I don't see any reason why he couldn't do it. If you have a Rubicon, getting the locker re-installed correctly can be tricky and a lot of inexperienced shops screw this up.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    So long as he knows what needs to be done and has the tools to do it right, I don't see any reason why he couldn't do it. If you have a Rubicon, getting the locker re-installed correctly can be tricky and a lot of inexperienced shops screw this up.
    I have a sahara unlimited.

Is there a write up for the regearing anywhere?

If not would it be possible for you to quickly give ME an idea of what needs to be done?

I would really appreciate it.

Info regarding 3.5" lift and 35" tires.

Re-gearing is not that hard if you have the time and patience. If you have never done it before and not afraid of trying. I would recommend pulling the axles completely out and putting them on a bench if you are inexperienced. Takes a little more time, but a lot easier for a beginner. When I did mine I pulled them out to drill holes for installing lockers and had the complete job done in just over a day.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    09 JKU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12