Wheel spacers on old Jeeps?

GraniteCrystal

My options for finding a Jeep would be greatly improved if I didn't care about wide track axles. Any issues running wheel spacers on a CJ5/CJ7/CJ8 Scrambler? Then I could get one with narrow track axles and put some spacers on it

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I know ill prob get a bunch of crap for this but iv been running 2inch ebay spacers on mine for 4 years now. I just check them every couple of trips to make sure they are tight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't lose any sleep over narrow track axles. If it really bothers you, you can run 1" wheel spacers in the rear to help give it a more proportional stance but it will effect your turning radius. The bigger problem with something like an AMC 20 is that it'll have 2 piece axle shafts. Of course, you can always get a set of Mosser 1-piece shafts to replace them.

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't lose any sleep over narrow track axles. If it really bothers you, you can run 1" wheel spacers in the rear to help give it a more proportional stance but it will effect your turning radius. The bigger problem with something like an AMC 20 is that it'll have 2 piece axle shafts. Of course, you can always get a set of Mosser 1-piece shafts to replace them.
This is very true! Iv already had trouble with those 2 piece hubs. Got some new to me 1 piece im trying to find time to put in soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom