Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 291 to 298 of 298

Thread: ARB Fridges ?

  1. #291
    Been Around the Block jtpedersen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    Temperature will be all over the place if it’s empty. Load it up and it’ll stabilize.
    Agreed. First thing I did was fill it ~50% with 'stuff', for just that reason. It's basically a mobile equivalent of a dorm-size fridge or freezer.

    Last edited by jtpedersen; 08-07-2018 at 11:05 PM.

  2. #292
    Nothing but a Thing Overland_stormtrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpedersen View Post
    Agreed. First thing I did was fill it ~50% with 'stuff', for just that reason. It's basically a mobile equivalent of a dorm-size fridge or freezer.

    You'll find it a valuable resource in the jeep .. as you know I've been on the road for a few weeks am only now getting to where i need to restock it on food ..beverages is a constant every couple days .. helps I also carry a cooler and use ice packs ..

    Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #293
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    VIC
    Posts
    7

    ARB Fridges ?

    Just dragging up this thread, I have a dometic fridge but use it a lot. Rather than pulling plugs when it’s not in use I was thinking of attaching it to a switch on my Spod. Has anyone else done that? Will the Spod supply enough current for it?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by Swamps; 04-23-2019 at 03:06 AM.

  4. #294
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    Just dragging up this thread, I have a dometic fridge but use it a lot. Rather than pulling plugs when it’s not in use I was thinking of attaching it to a switch on my Spod. Has anyone else done that? Will the Spod supply enough current for it?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That is the way my ARB is set up right now and I have had no issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  5. #295
    Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    626
    Quick question hoping someone knows .. does the ARB 37 fit under the Tuffy security deck? Will it pull out without unhinging the top? What about the Dometic 35 ? Looks like 16.8” for arb vs 16.2 for the Dometic . How much height does the slider kit add ? Looking into one but don’t want to leave it on top of the tuffy since I park outside


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #296
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    30,600
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Quick question hoping someone knows .. does the ARB 37 fit under the Tuffy security deck? Will it pull out without unhinging the top? What about the Dometic 35 ? Looks like 16.8” for arb vs 16.2 for the Dometic . How much height does the slider kit add ? Looking into one but don’t want to leave it on top of the tuffy since I park outside


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    No idea but it would be a pain in the ass to get to. I put mine on the rear seat behind the driver seat.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  7. #297
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,284

    ARB Fridges ?

    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Quick question hoping someone knows .. does the ARB 37 fit under the Tuffy security deck? Will it pull out without unhinging the top? What about the Dometic 35 ? Looks like 16.8” for arb vs 16.2 for the Dometic . How much height does the slider kit add ? Looking into one but don’t want to leave it on top of the tuffy since I park outside


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The ARB 37 doesn’t fit under the Tuffy deck, alone or with a slider (which adds about 3 inches). I know because I have that set up. Had to mount the fridge on the deck.

    You can find the dimensions of the fridge online and measure for yourself.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #298
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,965
    The 37 will fit hard mounted below the best top tonneau cover with out the drawer slide. I then built my own security enclosure next to it.


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS