Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 294

Thread: ARB Fridges ?

  1. #21
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,222
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    I forgot to mention a few other things about mine. First, you now have a great back-up fridge at home. It also makes a great beverage fridge for parties and get-togethers. Second, if you stay in a hotel you can use this in the hotel room. I spend about 2 months out of each year in a Vegas casino for work. I bring my fridge, all pre-loaded with groceries into the room and save hundreds of $$$ not eating breakfasts everyday. It's a pretty safe bet you too will find an unexpected use or three for your fridge. There is a reason they are expensive. You'll appreciate that reason after you own one.
    I never seriously considered one of these as I figuring usage only on trips. But hearing that some people use them year round plugged in and using these for parties while not having to deal with ice and the water dripping everywhere inside makes one of these extremely attractive. Gonna be watching for deals on one of these! I've seen some that the throw in the insulation blanket for free

  2. #22
    Old Timer JeepJeep75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Redondo Beach
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I never seriously considered one of these as I figuring usage only on trips. But hearing that some people use them year round plugged in and using these for parties while not having to deal with ice and the water dripping everywhere inside makes one of these extremely attractive. Gonna be watching for deals on one of these! I've seen some that the throw in the insulation blanket for free
    When I was shopping for mine I found that the prices never seam to budge. They are all pretty much priced equally. The deals are the free soft-covers, slides, and remote monitors. I bought mine from 4WH (I think that's the name) and got a free blanket. I also bought the remote monitor and wiring kit. The monitor helps ease the anxiety of driving all day in the heat and wondering if your milk is getting warm. One glance and I know all is well with the fridge in the back of the jeep.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #23
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,222
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    When I was shopping for mine I found that the prices never seam to budge. They are all pretty much priced equally. The deals are the free soft-covers, slides, and remote monitors. I bought mine from 4WH (I think that's the name) and got a free blanket. I also bought the remote monitor and wiring kit. The monitor helps ease the anxiety of driving all day in the heat and wondering if your milk is getting warm. One glance and I know all is well with the fridge in the back of the jeep.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    4WD maybe? Yeah, that was another factor - no budging on price. But honestly, all of these other uses make it much more palatable.

  4. #24
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,859
    Deals definitely pop up. A few months back I was able to pick up the 50qt for $599. I think there is a new model coming out soonish, and that might help the price of the original


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #25
    Old Timer JeepJeep75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Redondo Beach
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Deals definitely pop up. A few months back I was able to pick up the 50qt for $599. I think there is a new model coming out soonish, and that might help the price of the original


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Dang it!! I shopped for 6 months and found no deal. Yes, there is a new model coming out. It looks like it's just case upgrades with the ability to put a lock on the door, and waterproof display. The internals and compressor seem to be the same.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #26
    Nothing but a Thing Judesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    San antonio
    Posts
    1,264
    So do I understand right that you can, with a deep cycle battery, leave the fridge running 24/7 and just never worry about it?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #27
    Old Timer Jackal01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I never seriously considered one of these as I figuring usage only on trips. But hearing that some people use them year round plugged in and using these for parties while not having to deal with ice and the water dripping everywhere inside makes one of these extremely attractive. Gonna be watching for deals on one of these! I've seen some that the throw in the insulation blanket for free
    They have that exact promo right now. 1498748736370%7E2.jpg

    Edit: not sure why it is sideways.

  8. #28
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    Dang it!! I shopped for 6 months and found no deal. Yes, there is a new model coming out. It looks like it's just case upgrades with the ability to put a lock on the door, and waterproof display. The internals and compressor seem to be the same.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I haven't heard of a release date yet, any idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Judesign View Post
    So do I understand right that you can, with a deep cycle battery, leave the fridge running 24/7 and just never worry about it?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    You will need to run your vehicle from time to time otherwise the battery will die


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #29
    Old Timer Jackal01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Judesign View Post
    So do I understand right that you can, with a deep cycle battery, leave the fridge running 24/7 and just never worry about it?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It has a few voltage settings so you can save your battery. But it would be wise to run the engine to charge the battery.

  10. #30
    Knows a Thing or Two Journeyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Julian, Ca
    Posts
    866
    These do not kill your battery. They will shut down when the voltage drops in order to save your battery, so your vehicle will start.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS