Jeep Top Issue

Gilligan51

I'm considering replacing my JK 2 Door soft top with either a factory hard top or a Bestop Trektop Pro Hybrid. Looking for suggestions from the group on. Oath and also, how hard is it to change out the wiper handle and add the power / washer cable. Thanks folks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ThatChemicalGuy

I would stay with the soft top. Hard tops are a bitch to take off and you need another person to help you take then off. I can take a soft top off in like 5 minutes. My vote is for Bestop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm considering replacing my JK 2 Door soft top with either a factory hard top or a Bestop Trektop Pro Hybrid. Looking for suggestions from the group on. Oath and also, how hard is it to change out the wiper handle and add the power / washer cable. Thanks folks!

Anything's doable, just not sure it's worth the hassle. My JK came with a hardtop and since I bought a Trektop NX, I've never considered putting it back on. Go with the Bestop for the best of both worlds.

GraniteCrystal

Thanks, yeah, the hard top is a bitch to put on and take off so if I go that route I'll probably leave it on full time.

I would stay with the soft top. Hard tops are a bitch to take off and you need another person to help you take then off. I can take a soft top off in like 5 minutes. My vote is for Bestop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
There are tools put there that allow one person to safely take a hard top off. At that point just a matter of a few bolts and disconnecting the rear wiper.

That said, a soft top will be easier and you can put it down while out and about.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have a factory soft top and hard top.

I tend to keep my hard top on for two main reasons. First I feel it offers more security when I'm traveling and it is a bit quieter. Second it's painful to store. I used to store it in the overhead of my garage (ratchet strap system) when I lived in Rhode Island, but I don't have the rafter style garage in my house in Alabama. If you go with the hard top, have a place to store it so you can run topless when you want to. Since I do not now, I leave the hard top on. My soft top is nicely stored away.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

Top Bottom