WAYALIFE EXCLUSIVE : Carrichs JK Tailgate Lock Box Special 4th of July Pricing!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20161104202908-b27b386e-me.jpg

In addition to the way cool iPad Mini dash mount that Carrichs released back at the 2016 SEMA show, they also released a really nice JK tailgate lock box that is completely bolt-on, as in - requires no drilling of any kind. Made out of aluminum and powder coated matte black for a durable finish, it's perfect for storing recovery ropes, an air compressor or anything you don't want to be visible when driving topless. The lid is also be lockable and as a perk, acts as a great table top too! This box normally retails for $349.99 but I've been talking to them and for a limited time only, they will be offering a 20% DISCOUNT on it and really, everything in their store (if you missed the iPad dash mount, you can get it now for less) for Wayalife members ONLY! All you have to do is enter the discount code "wayalifemem20" at check out. This code will expire on July 4th.

https://www.carrichs.com/product/jk557/

$349.99 + S&H
Enter 20% OFF WAYALIFE DISCOUNT promo code: wayalifemem20

From the Manufacturer
Description:
Love driving your JK topless but lack a secured storage for your essentials? Carrichs™ Tailgate Storage Box is your solution.

Carrichs™ proprietary mounting bracket allows a no-drill, 100% bolt-on installation and mounts directly onto the tailgate. Its powder coated aluminum construction is lightweight, rust resistance, durable and secures with integrated keyed lock. Our tailgate storage box lid can also be used as a table top when open with supports. Perfect for tailgating, camping or just driving around town.

Specifications:
Material: Aluminum
Finish: Matte black powder coat
Installation level: Moderate
Installing method: Bolt-on, no drill
Package includes: Mounting bracket, tailgate storage box and hardware
Warranty: One year manufacturer’s warranty

NOTE: This lock box will only work on JK's that DO NOT have a sub-woofer mounted on the side of the passenger side wheel well.​

Here are a few photos of what the Carrichs JK Tailgate Lock Box looks like.

20170629084906-3cd6970b.jpg

20170629084909-e328610c.jpg

20170629084906-3712f78b.jpg

20170629084908-d531cc68.jpg

20170629084905-a5cb3899.jpg

:cool:

Beergos

Does anyone have any experience with this lock box that has the bottom subwoofer (instead of the storage)? Based on the measurements I found online, it looks like this would sit directly over my subwoofer and I am wondering if it would cause any rattling and/or muffled sound.

BeechAV8R

Looks like a great idea.

Do you have dimensions on the box? Did not
see any on their website. Primarily interested
in how far it protrudes into the rear cargo area
when the tailgate is shut.

Aruun72

I love the idea, but I, unfortunately, have a sub woofer JKU. Maybe they'll come out with a compatible one soon.

Beergos

Looks like a great idea.

Do you have dimensions on the box? Did not
see any on their website. Primarily interested
in how far it protrudes into the rear cargo area
when the tailgate is shut.

I found these dimensions on an ebay link...

34 x 15 x 12

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carrichs-2007-2017-Jeep-Wrangler-JK-Black-Tailgate-Storage-Box/332251743942

That is for part number JK556 but from what I can see, the only difference between that one and the JK557 is that one is gloss black and one is matte black.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I love the idea, but I, unfortunately, have a sub woofer JKU. Maybe they'll come out with a compatible one soon.

you mean pre-2015 im assuming, just to be clear, since the sub is now in the floor and would be compatible.

ZeMax

Oooooh very interesting product, but I'm wondering if the stock tailgate hinges will be able to handle the weight ? The box itself seems light but look at this thing it's big. Once loaded it should be heavier then a 37.

Hmmm what to do.

Top Bottom