Hard rock bumper

Iamsamrogers

So I found an almost new hard rock bumper today for $200! Originally like $1300 I know! So my question is, should I do it? And I know it doesn't come with the mount for the winch, but I could get that later. I also talked them down to taking only $150!! It's a great deal, but my main question is, what's my cheapest option to mount the 12,000 lbs winch in the hard rock bumper?

2009 JK sunset orange, inner tub line-X'd, 35's, Cage type roof rack, bed lined inner hard top, 12k winch, Tepui RTT, and other overpriced pieces of jeep stuff

Iamsamrogers

IMG_6397.jpg IMG_6398.JPG

2009 JK sunset orange, inner tub line-X'd, 35's, Cage type roof rack, bed lined inner hard top, 12k winch, Tepui RTT, and other overpriced pieces of jeep stuff

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
If you like the looks of it, go for it. But, by the time you buy a winch plate, you might as well have just bought a nice, new, aftermarket bumper with a winch mount already built in.

Iamsamrogers

How much would a used one usually go for? Like if I were to get it for $150 and sell it right away?

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
How much would a used one usually go for? Like if I were to get it for $150 and sell it right away?

I recently scored a bunch of Wrangler Hard Rock parts from one of my dealers (they cosmetically modded it). I wound up buying the front bumper, led fogs, four black flares and a spare tire carrier for $300. I flipped the bumper the next weekend on CL for $750 cash without the fogs. So I would think you could get $700-850 or more.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I would buy it in a heartbeat. If you end up not liking it you could easily sell it for a profit. But it is a decent bumper. I sold mine for 700.00

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Iamsamrogers

Awesome thank you guys, I'm going to buy it, I like how it looks, but if anything I'll just sell it later! Thanks again guys

Iamsamrogers

Bought it today! IMG_6407.jpg

powrsurg

How does the Hard Rock bumper stand up against after market ones? When I had my last Rubi, I had the LOD bumpers and I think they would rated for 12,000 pounds of pulling. It was for this reason I went with a 10k winch. I have another Rubi that is the hard Rock and Im about two buy a Winch. I want to make sure these bumpers are strong enough for a 10k winch.

Top Bottom