New Jersey is Closed!

Jacalore

All NJ parks and forest shut down today over govt budget squabble.
We should round up all the politicians...
Rat bastids.

WJCO

Meme King
And why do we need the government to be open to be able to drive thru a park or on a trail?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bingo. This whole thing is a bullshit game of chicken. Government says, "Fine. You won't go further into debt for us, we'll shut down your fun time. " This is not the first time it's happened. They always use things like this to get the people to pony up. It's gay.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Hey it isn't just New Jersey that's closed. We up here in Maine are also on a govt shut down. The part that really sucks for me is that I'm an essential worker who still has to report to work and not get paid and no guarantee that I will be paid for work that I do under the shut down and it goes for more that 14 days and into the next pay period I have to pay the full bills on my insurance or lose them. That's almost another 1500 every two weeks out of pocket. No pay, no sick time, no vacation time, still have to work and then pay all insurance... I might be looking for a new job here ASAP...

Sent from my E6820TM using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Kalums

Hey it isn't just New Jersey that's closed. We up here in Maine are also on a govt shut down. The part that really sucks for me is that I'm an essential worker who still has to report to work and not get paid and no guarantee that I will be paid for work that I do under the shut down and it goes for more that 14 days and into the next pay period I have to pay the full bills on my insurance or lose them. That's almost another 1500 every two weeks out of pocket. No pay, no sick time, no vacation time, still have to work and then pay all insurance... I might be looking for a new job here ASAP...

Legally even if you are an "essential" worker they can't not pay you. Having been a Gov employee I know at least I had to sign an agreement that I wouldn't /couldn't take legal action against them while employed by them but... They the Government can't change the rules at their own convenience. You may not get paid immediately but they still have to pay you for your time. If they don't you have every legal right (no matter what you signed) to sue them for back pay. Granted you may have to quit first, but if you are already going to be looking for a new job anyway....

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
Legally even if you are an "essential" worker they can't not pay you. Having been a Gov employee I know at least I had to sign an agreement that I wouldn't /couldn't take legal action against them while employed by them but... They the Government can't change the rules at their own convenience. You may not get paid immediately but they still have to pay you for your time. If they don't you have every legal right (no matter what you signed) to sue them for back pay. Granted you may have to quit first, but if you are already going to be looking for a new job anyway....

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes when this happened back on 1991 the employees were"compensated" it went directly into their retirement. Either way even if I can get reimbursed in an actual check for someone who is just starting out with out a real nest egg per say it's going to seriously suck.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Bingo. This whole thing is a bullshit game of chicken. Government says, "Fine. You won't go further into debt for us, we'll shut down your fun time. " This is not the first time it's happened. They always use things like this to get the people to pony up. It's gay.

Exactly. Obama did it during the budget sequestration. He knew it would make people mad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom