1st trip to MOAB!!

ICAN4X4

As our first annual daddy/daughter summer vacation trip my oldest daughter chose Moab! (Gotta raise em right)

I have never been there and I am looking to draw upon the vast experience of my WAYALIFE brothers and sisters to know where to spend our time the wisest.

We will be there this coming Friday though the following Monday 6-10th.

My jk has a 2.5in lift and 33's so hopefully that will help parse your recommendations. Ready.....GO! IMG_9398.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
We just got back from my first trip there and it was a blast. Hot but fun. Sure some more experienced people will chime in but on your set up I think you could comfortably run most of the iconic trails there.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Fins and Things is a nice moderate trail to start with. Just did it a couple of days ago. Trail time is around 3hrs. If you feel confident, Hells Revenge is right down the street after you're done.

FFIrish

For sure Fins n Things, I've done it a few times in a 4 cylinder TJ and 33's with no problems.
I would recommend getting the Charles Wells book once you get there.

Last edited:

Kd7irm

Fins n things is a great first time trail and you can do the alt route/cut offs and do it easily in a afternoon or morning even for a first timer. Hells Revenge can also be done with the other part of the day if you cut out the tubs, escalator, and hells gate. If you've never been on slick rock don't let the traction fool you, it can get you over confident and may loose sight of picking lines and tip over angles before you know it, seen it happen. The last section of the trail after tip over challenge is a mess right now and unless you have a major lift and oil pan skids, head to the Moab overlook and then just head back to the trail head the way you began.

Top Bottom