ISO: OEM fuel tank skid.

Van

I bought a 2009 JKUR almost a year ago. The gas tank skid is rotting and needs replaced. Anyone have a take off or decent one laying around from an upgrade?

Sent from my SM-P900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
think about it for a second. doubt you'll find anyone has a spare except a junk yard. not the sort of thing anyone would have an extra, and not a part you could really ship.

JKbrick

That's what the description on one of them says. I didn't even know the Wrangler had a 2wd option until about a year ago. I have no idea why they would even make one.

Me either, I saw one in 012 when I was looking for a jeep and thought why the hell would anybody buy this? Man if I knew then what I know now thanks to Wayalife!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Van

After viewing pics and videos of the undercarriage of the 2wd, it appears that the only difference is that there is no mounting hole for the transaxle skid plate.

Van

So, I received an answer that is particularly confusing. "Hello, the difference between the two parts is one is designed for a 2.5 Turbo (RHD), part number 52059747AG, and the other, part number 52126175AB , is designed for a 3.8 V6 model vehicle.
Thank you,
MyMoparparts.com"
So, I replied "So, I have a 2009 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon, 4wd, 3.8l, automatic. Which one fits? I'm asking because when I enter my vehicle info, it says that the 52059747AG fits, and it says the 52126175AB doesn't fit. I don't have the 2.5 turbo. I have the 3.8l, 4wd." Hopefully I will get an answer that confirms that I can use the $60 one.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
2.5 isnt in the JK family right? Wishful thinking but I think you are going to be stuck buying the more expensive one. Never heard of a skid that size costing only $60.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Van

Top Bottom