2014 430N Uconnect Navi Issue

TheRonster

Hi,

In short: Update success but forgot the graphics. wtf?

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 430N Uconnect with Navi.

I was being prompted to update my system. It had been cutting off bluetooth mid conversation and also not working with siri which was annoying and I thought maybe they fixed those issues and naturally added new roads and stuff to the maps.

So I followed the instructions very carefully by downloading Garmin express and getting the info from the car on the usb then linked it to the software on my computer.

I had RHB14 14.06. It updated to 15.12 I think. then I brought it back to my computer the software indicated that there is another new update to RHB15 and Version 7.06. I had read that u need to do it twice sometimes to see future updates. so I loaded it and took it back to the car. It updated and started loading which took 20 minutes.

Then when I started it up again the whole screen went white with small tiles of writing saying "image not found" over the whole screen. Now the navi works and everything works. I remember where the options are so I touch and it works like a charm, but it seems like the graphics were not installed on the system for some reason, and I don't know how to fix this.

I switched the car off and back on and removed the usb and came back to the computer (which says up to date) and nothing has changed.
I called Garmin, and hard reset the system but nothing changed. They asked me to go to the Dealer which is something I hate doing. They will skin me alive with their crazy overcharges. I know I can fix it but I need someone's help and knowledge. It's something minor I just feel it.

Could you guys help me?

I attached a few photos so you understand what I am dealing with.

Thanks

IMG_9802.jpg IMG_9805_1.jpg IMG_9810.jpg IMG_9807.jpg IMG_9802.jpg IMG_9805_1.jpg IMG_9810.jpg IMG_9807.jpg

RjSkippy

I had issues with mine not connecting to my phone and resetting all time. I was still under warranty and the dealership replaced it under warranty. If not under warranty I would probably look at aftermarket systems (maybe someone else has a better less expensive solution... )

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom