Bunce T33 Plane Crash Run. Saturday July 8th

WJCO

Meme King
Gonna run this one on Saturday. I know a few of you were interested in this. We will meet at the MIDDLE ST VRAIN TRAIL HEAD at 8:30 at the back of Camp Dick campground to air down. The T33 trailhead is right down the road. I don't want to exclude anyone, but this would be a very hard trail to do with a large group. I'd like to keep it around 4 or 5 jeeps or split into 2 groups if there is a lot of interest. Plan on lots of pinstripes, trail is narrow. This trail has some fairly large rocks on it. I think with very good lines, a stock jeep could make it, although I wouldn't take a stock jeep on it myself.

Bring snacks, lunch, and plenty of water.

Going:

1. WJCO
2. Slimebones
3. GoldenJK
4. Kyle7R

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah, I'm in! :thumb:

Good deal. All you guys so far have 2 doors. I feel they'll do well on this trail.

In-laws in town. They be city folk from Dallas.

Life is really cramping my Jeep habit right now.

X2 :thumb:

We've got a list going of things to take my MIL or my parents out on when they're up visiting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's all good. Completely understand.

WJCO

Meme King
I've modified the first post. If you guys are ok with it, let's meet at Middle St Vrain trailhead at 8:30am. It will be the best spot to air down and then we're only less than a mile from the T33 trailhead. If you do the round about loop, park on the South side of the parking lot this time and we'll likely be out of everybody's way.

sdf.jpg

Kyle7R

I think I remember you saying this trail was tight. How do you think we'd fare out there? My wife's pretty interested in seeing the wreckage.

WJCO

Meme King
I think I remember you saying this trail was tight. How do you think we'd fare out there? My wife's pretty interested in seeing the wreckage.

I think with good lines, you'd be fine. Would love to have you join us. Our WJ is longer and wider than the jk and we only had one tree hit us (other than common pinstripes). I think if I had been paying more attention to that side, it would have been avoided completely. My wife had to fold the mirrors in numerous times. This would probably be a good trail with doors off. I don't recall any water.

If you look at about every picture in the other thread, every single tree is scraped, lol. Many people have hit over the years.

WJCO

Meme King
Jake had something come up and can't make it but looks like Kyle is joining. See you guys early in the morning.

WJCO

Meme King
I got some a few good shots today. Some are blurry so I'm still going through them, but here's some. There's an awesome one of Slimebones twisting the shit out of his Jeep on one of the obstacles. And some closer pics of plane parts I missed last time.

DSC05954.jpg

DSC05978.jpg

DSC05985.jpg

DSC05989.jpg

DSC05998.jpg

DSC06002.jpg

DSC06006.jpg

DSC06028.jpg

DSC06052.jpg

DSC06053.jpg

DSC06061.jpg

DSC06062.jpg

DSC06063.jpg

DSC06065.jpg

DSC06070.jpg

DSC06067.jpg

Slimebones

I got some a few good shots today. Some are blurry so I'm still going through them, but here's some. There's an awesome one of Slimebones twisting the shit out of his Jeep on one of the obstacles. And some closer pics of plane parts I missed last time.

View attachment 267215

View attachment 267216

View attachment 267217

View attachment 267218

View attachment 267219

View attachment 267220

View attachment 267221

View attachment 267222

View attachment 267223

View attachment 267224

View attachment 267225

View attachment 267226

View attachment 267227

View attachment 267228

View attachment 267230

View attachment 267229

Love that 3rd from the last shot, Doug. We were a little concerned about lightning strikes at that point. More than a few people find their fate up here in situations just like this. Beautiful up here though.

Top Bottom