King 2.5 clearance

Fuzzystig

Hey guys,
I've got the King 2.5 shocks and the reservoirs rub on the front tires when I'm full lock (though only on the passenger side. Axle is centered). What solutions do you guys have for this?

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Evo shock relocation brackets. And if they still rub wheel spacers. Welcome to wayalife. Stop by the wave section and let us know about you and your jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Actually sorry I didn't read your post close enough. The shock relocation brackets actually slide the shock to axle mount out towards the wheel to keep the shock from hitting the frame when your axle sweeps while articulating. If your tire is rubbing the shock reservoir when at full lock then I would look at the back spacing of your wheels. The wheels I chose have 4.5 inches of backspace and with 37s they would rub the shock and lower control arm. I installed a set of spidertrax wheel spacers and that fixed it.

Fuzzystig

Actually sorry I didn't read your post close enough. The shock relocation brackets actually slide the shock to axle mount out towards the wheel to keep the shock from hitting the frame when your axle sweeps while articulating. If your tire is rubbing the shock reservoir when at full lock then I would look at the back spacing of your wheels. The wheels I chose have 4.5 inches of backspace and with 37s they would rub the shock and lower control arm. I installed a set of spidertrax wheel spacers and that fixed it.

Yeah looks like wheel spacers are the answer. I actually have lower relocation brackets but with them the tires would rub violently, had to get rid of the relocation brackets. Not sure if I want my jeep any wider though 😮

I still have my relocation brackets attached on the frame from when I had the fox resi's, but the king's hose isn't long enough to fit.

Top Bottom