EVO Tire Carrier Squeaks

Thunder

Eddie, I saw what looked to be rubber boots on the pins of the tire carrier on Moby at the New Year Kick Off but unfortunately at the time didn't take a closer look or ask you about them. Are they to prevent squeak? If so, where did you get them?
My carrier is pretty tight, no rattle, but I do have a squeak.

dwvninety

Eddie, I saw what looked to be rubber boots on the pins of the tire carrier on Moby at the New Year Kick Off but unfortunately at the time didn't take a closer look or ask you about them. Are they to prevent squeak? If so, where did you get them?
My carrier is pretty tight, no rattle, but I do have a squeak.

^^^ same here, pretty much tightened all the bolts and even the bolts on the nutserts on the corner armor and still have the occational squeak

JAGS

Hooked
I had/have this off and on. You need to adjust the Currie end joints (on the pin side) so they are offset from each other a bit. This will add tension to the joint locations and help reduce squeaks.

Couple other tricks. I went and got grade 8 bolts that were slightly larger than the pins provided and offered less gap in the joints.

Not my trick, but another person I know put a plastic water bottle cap on the Currie joint to prevent the metal on metal.

Thunder

I'll see if I can get a half turn in opposite directions out of each of them in the morning. Thanks JAGS.

I had/have this off and on. You need to adjust the Currie end joints (on the pin side) so they are offset from each other a bit. This will add tension to the joint locations and help reduce squeaks.

Couple other tricks. I went and got grade 8 bolts that were slightly larger than the pins provided and offered less gap in the joints.

Not my trick, but another person I know put a plastic water bottle cap on the Currie joint to prevent the metal on metal.

Top Bottom