Ball joints

tdans

So my ball joints are going bad on the drivers side. Last time I replaced the stock ones with alloy USA ones. They have lasted like 3 years without a ton of use. It might be partially my fault for not lubing them like I should. What are the best ones to get? FYI I have a Dana 30.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

So my ball joints are going bad on the drivers side. Last time I replaced the stock ones with alloy USA ones. They have lasted like 3 years without a ton of use. It might be partially my fault for not lubing them like I should. What are the best ones to get? FYI I have a Dana 30.

ProSteers by far.
I had horrible experiences with Synergy/Alloy etc.
Made in the USA as well, not a factory who's name I cannot pronounce.

**Didn't realize this was the TJ forum.
Not sure if they make them for TJ's - but if they do, go that route for sure.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I think Wayoflife mentioned he has used Crown Automotive, in the past. Your wheel back spacing may be making them fail, and it's something you will have to be prepared to do, periodically.

IMG_9649.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think Wayoflife mentioned he has used Crown Automotive, in the past. Your wheel back spacing may be making them fail, and it's something you will have to be prepared to do, periodically.

View attachment 266904

Those are the cheap factory replacements. They still have that plastic piece on the inside that'll wear out quick. They have a better set to match the synergy, USAlloy and moog replacements. About $175

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Top Bottom