Thread: Cooling Fan failures not yet a recall or TSB

Fresh Catch

Cooling Fan failures not yet a recall or TSB

Greetings to all, this is my first post having just bought a 2017 Trailhawk.

My selling dealer service guy told me his Renegade just had a cooling fan fail after an over heat condition while driving. Had to be towed in and repaired under warranty and seems to be a growing problem among other owners.

If you even suspect your Jeep is running hot or gauge is climbing pull over and find out of the fan is even spinning. If not call for a tow and don't risk the motor.

Update: Cooling fan issues

Quote Originally Posted by kirame View Post
    Greetings to all, this is my first post having just bought a 2017 Trailhawk.

My selling dealer service guy told me his Renegade just had a cooling fan fail after an over heat condition while driving. Had to be towed in and repaired under warranty and seems to be a growing problem among other owners.

If you even suspect your Jeep is running hot or gauge is climbing pull over and find out of the fan is even spinning. If not call for a tow and don't risk the motor.
    Just in case no one believed it was happening, problems persist with Renegade cooling fan malfunctions, cracked thermostat housings, sensor failures, and more.

My 2017 Trailhawk was in stealership yesterday for overheat warnings on dash, and dealership in Dodge/Jeep Homosassa Florida refused to pursue issue short of a total failure of cooling system.

Vehicle has only 8500 miles, and tech tried to blame winch mounted on front, even though the grill is totally unobstructed. Another Renny was in at same time on drive, with a winch with 33k and it never had a overheat condition due to winch. So dealers & FCA are picking and choosing when to fix vehicles.renny front.jpg

As you can see, the grill, is unobstructed by the winch rendering the techs claims moot.